2 replies to this topic

#1 Romany

Romany

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

Hi all

Bit of background first: I've been diving for 24 years. During that time I've done a bit of everything, including being an instructor, wreck diving, cave diver etc. These days I'm so busy with my job that I just get to spend some time in warm waters and have in the last few years taken to photography. 

I've been diving with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 with their underwater housing for a couple of years and have been getting some good pics with it, but it's reaching the end of its lifespan. The thought of a big camera fills me with some dread - I want something that's a little better than what I have, but I like the portability of it. So, I'm considering the RX100 with a nauticam housing. So, I'm interested in people's opinions. i've attached a couple of photos to show what I'm currently taking, which are limited somewhat because I don't have the ability to take wider shots. 

Also, my kit is getting old and I will be needing to purchase a new bcd. What are people's thoughts about back inflate vs traditional etc? 

Thanks all 

Attached Images

• P1060940.jpg
  • untitled-32 SMALL.jpg

Edited by Romany, 24 November 2013 - 10:02 PM.

#2 cbrich

cbrich

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:28 AM

I know a few folks with Sony RX100, and the photos have been coming out fantastic for a high end point and shoot camera.  If you got that camera and housing setup you will not be disappointed.

#3 E_viking

E_viking

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:UW Photography, Diving,
    Skiing & Mountaineering

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

I assume that it all depends on how big it is allowed to be.

The Olympus OM-D:s seems to be a good choice.

Nikon D800, Nikon 60, 105, 16-35, Sigma 15, Nauticam D800, Zen 230mm, Subsee +5 & +10, 2*INON Z240