64 replies to this topic

#61 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 3045 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:50 AM

Once again I marvel at all the talent and passion that the Wetpixel community shares.  I was able to get back in the water in 2013 after a year long hiatus and it was magical.  My favorite images came from a Wetpixel trip to Isla Mujeres where I got to share the ocean for the first time with both Adam and Eric.  This image is special to me in part because of all the help I got from them in making it.  Adam's assist on the camera settings and Eric with some help in post.  That support plus a little assist from Neptune and it's an image that will always be special to me.

Best of 2013-3672.jpg

The Ocean never ceases to amaze me and this year the big surprise came when I was reviewing the Isla images.  I was happy and amazed to see that Yoda put in an appearance to check us out.  I hope all of you have a wonderful 2014 with many many special moments.

May the force be with you.

FlickrIsla Mujeres-4662-Edit.jpg

Cheers!

Steve

The Fin Foundation
HSWImages.com        My Images on Flikr

Canon 5D Mk III, 7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom

#62 newmanl

newmanl

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

Hi Steve,

Two great images, but the whale shark one is amazing! Nice work. Glad to hear you're back in the water!

Lee

#63 Uli Kunkel

Uli Kunkel

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:48 PM

The Ocean never ceases to amaze me and this year the big surprise came when I was reviewing the Isla images.  I was happy and amazed to see that Yoda put in an appearance to check us out.  I hope all of you have a wonderful 2014 with many many special moments.

May the force be with you.

attachicon.gifFlickrIsla Mujeres-4662-Edit.jpg

Cheers!

Steve

Mmmmm... colour this green, you will! :crazy:

#64 maelstrom

maelstrom

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Diving, cycling, photography

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

My favorite image of 2013: a Decorated War Bonnet on red soft coral.  It was taken at my favorite dive site in the world:  Browning Pass, Port Hardy, British Columbia, Canada.

Hal

Attached Images

• _MG_6008-2.jpg

#65 coinee

coinee

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:59 AM

Wow, there are some amazing shots in this thread!

My shot of 2013 is a turtle on Shaab Maksour, in the south of Egypt. The turtle was eating soft coral, and I found a little sandy pit and just figured I'd lie down in it and see if the turtle wanted to come and say hi - it did! This was shot with a OM-D with the Panasonic 8mm fisheye lens. Distance to subject: <15 cm

P9280040.jpg