• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 oskar

oskar

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:53 AM

Is this typical performance with this combination?   I thought that i got quite decent corners already at 3.5, but need to check closer!

Cheers

/O

Panasonic 8mm FE behind Nauticam 4.33" dome centre 100% crop at f/3.5:

And the corners (100% crop, click image for full-size); note that the corner target was about equal distance from the camera as the centre (focus) target:

#42 coroander

coroander

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:31 PM

The 8mm test is representative of my real world images underwater in the 4.33" dome. I was somewhat surprised by the test results, but when i went back and checked my real images, they were very similar.

#43 emapola

emapola

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:05 AM

wow, nice job!. Just buy b+w 52mm +2

many thanks

#44 oskar

oskar

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:54 AM

Agree, this is where forums like this shines. Have you and more people tried the diopter in the wild yet and possibly have some moore feedback and examples?

#45 Storker

Storker

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

I've been shooting with the +2 diopter permanently attached since I did my test. I'm pretty sure I'm getting better technical quality on my pictures now, although I haven' done any systematic comparison. There's just too many variables to do a reliable comparison in the wild.

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

#46 oskar

oskar

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:40 PM

I sure understand! If you have been photographing any subjects with subjects filling both the middle of the frame an some parts of the peripheri, that could reveal some difference, right?

/O

I've been shooting with the +2 diopter permanently attached since I did my test. I'm pretty sure I'm getting better technical quality on my pictures now, although I haven' done any systematic comparison. There's just too many variables to do a reliable comparison in the wild.

--

#47 Storker

Storker

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

If you have been photographing any subjects with subjects filling both the middle of the frame an some parts of the peripheri, that could reveal some difference, right? 

Yes, I've shot a few subjects covering the whole frame. And according to my unscientific opinion, I see a clear difference. However, since I haven't done any systematic comparison, I can't say for sure.

--