• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 adamhanlon

adamhanlon

Harbor Seal

• Admin
  • 1735 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:33 AM

Lightroom provides the option of exporting images into other editing programs (like Photoshop).

You can set up how the mages are exported in Lightroom's preference panel. I have always exported images as PSD (into Photoshop) and use ProPhoto as the color space.

However I have read recently that Adobe may limit support for PSD files in future in favor of the more universal TIFF option. Please note that I have not read that you will not be able to open, use or edit PSD files :)

How do other export images into editing programs from Lightroom?

All the best

Adam

Adam Hanlon-underwater photographer and videographer
Editor-wetpixel
web | Flickr | twitter | Linkedin | Facebook

#2 JimG

JimG

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Photography - underwater and avian, natural history

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:58 AM

Adam

I used to do everything in PSD but when I first got Lightroom, I found it didn't like - and wouldn't import - my layered PSD master files because I hadn't had "Maximise Compatibility" switched on in Photoshop's preferences. I also read stuff about Adobe may at some stage reduce support for PSD as it is not as accepted world-wide as TIFF. All a bit off-putting.
Using Maximise Compatibility does, I recall, significantly increase file size so with these drawbacks, real and potential, I decided to bite the bullet and switched to using uncompressed TIFF instead of PSD. It was a non-event really and I cannot recall any drawbacks.

Jim Greenfield - Canon 5D Mark 3/Aquatica
My Web Site

#3 Nana111

Nana111

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:40 AM

Hi there

You said that Lightroom provides the option of exporting images into other editing programs (like Photoshop).I want to know that if it is possible for Lightroom to export tiff image files.

If it is possible ,i'd like to have a try.Thanks for any suggestions