2 replies to this topic

#1 JustinBeevor

JustinBeevor

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

Hello all,

I'm going to be working in South Africa for three months from January, based in Johannesburg.  I want to maximise the weekend opportunities to get out of the city and go diving, but I realise this probably means driving six hours to Sodwana Bay on Friday evenings ... so I'm looking to share that burden and find a buddy/buddies when I get there.  I'm qualified to PADI MSD and TDI Deco Procs, with over 300 dives, and (naturally) a keen photographer.

If any WetPixellators are based in Jo'burg and would like to link up, or if anyone knows any knows any keen (and sociable) divers there, do please get in touch.

Cheers,

Justin

Sony NEX-6 + Nauticam NA NEX6 + Inon Z240
flickr

#2 AlecD

AlecD

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:54 PM

Justin

Am based just outside joburg. Unfortunately not there at the mo but coming back in March. Not sure if i can make a dive but defiantly up for a beer and social. Might be able to help you with folk who will be interested.

alecdaviesathotmaildotcom

#3 JustinBeevor

JustinBeevor

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:20 AM

Thanks Alec! I'm off to Umkomaas this weekend for my second visit to the Aliwal Shoal, hoping to get plenty of shark action (though out of season for the star raggies). Well worth it, despite the 5½ hour drive each way.

Also hoping to complete a Trimix course while I'm here, but not sure if I'll have the time.

Hope to catch you soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by JustinBeevor, 13 February 2014 - 04:21 AM.

Sony NEX-6 + Nauticam NA NEX6 + Inon Z240
flickr