Photo
- - - - -

Anilao Macro Video

Canon video philippines anilao octopus macro dslr rolling in the deep 100mm 5d mark II

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Oceanshutter

Oceanshutter

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

Hello everyone,

Thought I would share my latest from Anilao Philippines.  I love shooting macro!  

Let me know what improvements I could make, or general comments are always welcome as well.  I hope you enjoy.

Or for those that prefer Youtube

Dustin

Website - www.OceanShutter.com

My Video's on Vimeo

My Video's on Youtube

#2 Pepe EI

Pepe EI

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:34 AM

Great job, congratulations. :notworthy:

My channel in vimeo:

https://www.vimeo.com/jmei

JM Esteban-Infantes

#3 Oceanshutter

Oceanshutter

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:59 AM

Great job, congratulations. :notworthy:

Thanks...Glad you liked it!

Dustin

My Video's on Vimeo

My Video's on Youtube

#4 Pepe EI

Pepe EI

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

No, I don't like it, I LOVE IT!!!

My channel in vimeo:

https://www.vimeo.com/jmei

JM Esteban-Infantes

#5 kun1

kun1

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

Very nice.. These days i seem to find myself only watching half of these macro videos, but this kept me interested. Some really nice shots. What did you shoot it with - camera/lens/dioptres?

..Just read the setup in the vimeo description..

Edited by kun1, 06 January 2014 - 03:20 PM.

#6 Kevster

Kevster

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:59 AM

Great.

Really enjoyed your video.

The octopus at night , star gazer and the Xmas tree worms opening were really nice.

GH2, NA-GH2, 8mm,14mm,25mm,45mm,14-42x mm,14-140mm,100-300mm

#7 Alison Perkins

Alison Perkins

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:http://www.inspiredtodive.com

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:49 PM

I love it!

Underwater photographer based in New Zealand.

http://www.inspiredtodive.com

#8 Oceanshutter

Oceanshutter

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:14 PM

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

My Video's on Vimeo

My Video's on Youtube

#9 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10638 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

Some nice lighting work there.  3 things:
1. The sharpening  gave the video a hyper reality.  The false detail really jumped out at me but obviously, many people didn't notice or mind it.

2.  A few of the clips had a few too many image stabilization blurring (ie the blue ring).  If there are too many bad frames, slow what working clip you have down to extend it and throw out the offending frames.

3.  Like your previous clip, it's a nice collection of  clips but I feel it needs a bit of a storyline.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#10 Oceanshutter

Oceanshutter

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

Some nice lighting work there.  3 things:
1. The sharpening  gave the video a hyper reality.  The false detail really jumped out at me but obviously, many people didn't notice or mind it.

2.  A few of the clips had a few too many image stabilization blurring (ie the blue ring).  If there are too many bad frames, slow what working clip you have down to extend it and throw out the offending frames.

3.  Like your previous clip, it's a nice collection of  clips but I feel it needs a bit of a storyline.

Awesome Feedback Drew!  Thank you.

1.  This is the first time I have really ever tried to sharpen footage.  There are some clips that I can see what you are talking about.  What kind of recommendation do you have using the unsharp mask in premiere with 5dII footage? How much...?  When not to use..? etc..

2.  The only clip I used the IS blurring was on the blue ring and it was obviously..LOL.  I couldn't get still as I was basically on the surface and the surge was moving me.  But never the less....it is a poor clip.  I should know better damn it! ;)  I should look to fix it...

3.  This wasn't intended to have storyline.  Honestly,  I am more drawn to artsy shots than small story lines.  Having said that...I realize that most people prefer some type of story line.  I have a few ideas that I am working on.  It is a little harder with macro subjects to create a storyline I am learning.  I have already created a film from the Galapagos, that has more of a story line.  I haven't posted it yet though.

Again, thanks for the feedback.....Keep it coming.

Dustin

My Video's on Vimeo

My Video's on Youtube

#11 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10638 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

I generally feel for macro/CU shots, H.264 video is sharp enough because the subject fills the screen.  That is highly subjective mind you, but it's a lot less intrusive than over-sharpened clips to these tired eyes.  

As for storylines, some OCD types (like myself :)) prefer order.  Eels with eels, muck with muck etc. Obviously, you present what you prefer.  You can never please everyone. :)

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#12 Oceanshutter

Oceanshutter

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:23 AM

I generally feel for macro/CU shots, H.264 video is sharp enough because the subject fills the screen.  That is highly subjective mind you, but it's a lot less intrusive than over-sharpened clips to these tired eyes.  
As for storylines, some OCD types (like myself :)) prefer order.  Eels with eels, muck with muck etc. Obviously, you present what you prefer.  You can never please everyone. :)

Thanks Drew. I appreciate the advice. The ordering makes sense...I never really thought about it like that....I am OCD on other things...but that wasn't one of them......maybe now that you pointed it out it will.....;)

Thanks again.
Dustin

My Video's on Vimeo

My Video's on Youtube

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Canon, video, philippines, anilao, octopus, macro, dslr, rolling in the deep, 100mm, 5d mark II