• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 norbertwu

norbertwu

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:34 PM

Underwater photographers who know their stuff (or have a great photography gear guru like I have) know that the old but good Sigma 14mm f3.5 lens is one of the sharpest wide-angle, rectilinear lenses around.  I’ve been a professional underwater photographer for a long while, and my guru (Ryan Canon at Reef Photo) recommended this hard-to-find lens for wide-angle shooting with my Nikon D800 camera. 

Being my usual overzealous self, I bought this lens on Ebay a couple of months ago, but then found another len in even better condition.  This lens takes great images and the autofocus works just fine, even with my new Nikon D800 camera.  Note that this is an older lens than the newer Sigma 14mm f2.8 and is considered sharper, and better for underwater photography (and likely topside photography). 

There are two things to know before you buy this lens. 

There is a small scratch on the lens.  I can't see that this scratch affects the images taken with the lens.  You can't even see the scratch unless you view the lens at a certain angle.  I took dozens of photos to show the scratch on the lens -- you can finally see it in the last image in this listing. 

The lens cap/cover is not the original lens cap/hood that comes with this lens. It's something I fashioned out of another lens hood and lens cap.  I bought this lens and it did not come with a lens cap.  It will be difficult to find another lens cap that fits this perfectly.  The one I've fashioned will work OK but is by no means perfect.  It is simply a cover that falls off, not like the original cap/hood that stays on.  You can likely put some rubber or wetsuit material on the inside of this hood to make it stay on.  I just kept the lens in the lens case or camera bag. 

Otherwise, the lens is in great shape and I am selling it for exactly what I bought it for ($255 plus 3% for Paypal purchases for a total of $263), which is a pretty good deal. 

Condition: GOOD

Condition Comments: Lens contains moderate cosmetic wear and light internal dust. Lens also contains lightly scratched glass.  Lens cap/hood is not the original and does not fit well.  See notes below. 

Includes: Rear cap, case

Fully Tested and Works Properly.

Item pictured is the actual item for sale.

If you are interested, please contact Norbert Wu at temp2_at_norbertwu.com.  Please no phone calls.  I am happy to entertain reasonable offers.  I can accept credit cards, Paypal, money orders, and personal checks.  Money orders and personal checks will have to clear my bank before the product is shipped; which can take up to three weeks.  Shipping will be at buyer's expense (at actual cost) and will be UPS Ground, Fedex Ground, or USPS Priority Mail (all of which give tracking of packages).  If we conclude a deal, I'll give you a quote for shipping via one of the above methods.   I can ship internationally via Fedex International Priority or Economy. 

Thanks! 

Norbert Wu

Attached Images

• image6.JPG
  • image1.JPG
  • image9 sigma lens shows scratch.JPG