Photo
- - - - -

Big thankyou to Alex Tattersall and Nauticam International Ltd for superb service

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Stuart Keasley

Stuart Keasley

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:43 AM

No surprise really, it's what I'd expect from Alex et al, still wanted to say a public thank you.

We purchased an Amphibico Genesis housing for our Sony NEX-FS700 last year, and wanted to pair it up with an Atomos Ninja 2 recorder, for off board recording and monitor. Amphibico don't do a housing for the Atomos, so we turned to Nauticam.

We had an issue initially that the standard Nauticam bulk head to take the HDMI feed don't fit the Amphibico. Nauticam very promptly supplied a custom made adapter at a very reasonable price to help us out.

However in use, we found that the adapter paired with the Nauticam HDMI bulkhead sat to proud of the housing, and became a bit of a risk in terms of damage and flood.

So I asked Nauticam if they could make a custom HDMI bulkhead to replace the standard bulkhead and adapter, and so reduce the overall heaight significantly as well as the number of joins. That was a couple of weeks ago.

Our new adapter arrived this morning from Hong Kong via Alex, machined beautifully and exactly to spec (fitted, pressure tested and all good), again at an incredibly reasonably price. And all of that in the midst of the Chinese New Year celebrations.

Great that a company as big as Nauticam are prepared and capable of dealing with individual customer requests so quickly and painlessly.

Visit bottlefish.net for my personal web site.
Visit Black Flag TV Ltd if you'd like to hire me or any of our cameras.

#2 underwatercam

underwatercam

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:44 AM

thanks for sharing this information. I also have the genesis 700 and was looking for a monitor/recorder option. Could you share some details on that? What was the actual price and your contact person at nauticam. It would be great to get some info on that, ..thanks, peter

#3 Stuart Keasley

Stuart Keasley

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:49 AM

Sorry Pe

thanks for sharing this information. I also have the genesis 700 and was looking for a monitor/recorder option. Could you share some details on that? What was the actual price and your contact person at nauticam. It would be great to get some info on that, ..thanks, peter

Sorry Peter, I've only just noticed this post.

I bought my monitor housing from Alex Tattersall in the UK, you can look up current pricing on his website:

http://www.uwvisions...and-cables.html

Worth checking to see if they have any plans for the Ninja Blade, the monitor is supposed to be quite a step up in quality. Although ideally, you want to pair the FS700 up with an Odyssey 7Q. The results from 4k raw are absolutely stunning, even when pushed back down to HD ProRes... I just wish somebody would make a housing for it!
Visit bottlefish.net for my personal web site.
Visit Black Flag TV Ltd if you'd like to hire me or any of our cameras.

#4 goose

goose

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Underwater photography and not much else.!!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:16 AM

Alex cares and is passionate in what he does, that is why he's in front of everyone else. He know how to shoot too some that kinda helps.

Goose

My Kit:- NikonD800 Nikon D90 Nikon Prime 105mm & 60mm macro, Sigma 15mm Nikon 16-35mm Nikon 12-24mm wide angle, Tokina 10-17mm (the tit's of a lens) Nauticam NA-800 Aqutica AD90 housing, coupled with X2 Z240 mofo strobes G.S.E. 360 Ring Flash.