cbs news cave diving weeki becky schott liquid productions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LiquidProductions

LiquidProductions

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Underwater videography, 3D, photography, Cave diving, Wrecks, CCR, Sharks

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:34 AM

Hi,

I'm excited to share with you a feature story we've been working on with CBS for a while. Some positive press in the cave diving community. Weeki Wachee Springs is Florida's oldest roadside attraction and home of the mermaids. Its also one of the deepest cave systems in the United States at over 407 feet deep! A highly experienced team of Explorers are pushing the limits of technology in order to go deeper, stay longer, and explore this never before seen cave. The entrance and exit is extremely challenging making it difficult to bring in safety equipment. The window of opportunity to dive only opens for a few months every decade. This highly experienced team must collect all of the scientific data, gather samples and map the system before mother nature decides to render the cave undivable again for a year or the next 10. 

To view the story on CBS follow the link! It will air again at 5:30 today February 14th and Feb 15th at noon. 

Becky Kagan Schott & David Schott

Liquid Productions, LLC

http://www.wtsp.com/...th-Weeki-Wachee

Becky Kagan Schott
www.LiquidProductions.com

#2 jmauricio

jmauricio

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:23 PM

very much enjoyed the segment. I grew up in tampa but never visited weeki wachee. thanks for the education

#3 thetrickster

thetrickster

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:13 AM

Look forward to seeing the full program - its great to see all these programmes being made - nice!

Regards, Richard

--

Gear: Panasonic GH4, 12-35mm, 7-14mm, 8mm FishEye, 60mm, Atomos Ninja2, NA-GH3, NA-NINJA2, Zen 170mm Dome, Keldan Luna 8 CRI's

My Vimeo Videos / Underwater 4K Videos

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cbs, news, cave, diving, weeki, becky, schott, liquid, productions