1 reply to this topic

#1 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9968 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 02:21 PM

Hi Gang,

I'm writing to see if there is any interest in a digital photo workshop/trip the the Flower Garden Banks this summer. Trips run every weekend and it is pretty easy to get in and out of Houston.

I would be available to give a workshop on the boat, as well as put together a digital slideshow for participants to take home with them.

The trip would be on the Gulf Diving boats (Fling or Spree), check www.gulf-diving for more info about the boats. And to learn more about the life in this National Marine Sanctuary, check out:

http://flowergarden.noaa.gov/

On these trips, you get to dive three different kinds of habitat: coral reefs, rocky/outcrop (Stetson Bank), and an offshore oil platform.

Chime in here if you're interested - I haven't even thought about trip cost yet. If there's anything in particular that you'd like covered in the digital workshop, let me know.

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#2 kdietz

kdietz

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 02:33 PM

Kimberly and I are going in June, but would probably be open to another trip sometime in late July or early August......before we leave for Wakatobi in September......timing is critical for us as we are preparing to ship one off to college!.....can you say "empty nester!"

We should have new D70 housings by then and will welcome the chance to get them wet.....plus the chance to finally dive with you!..of course!

Karl
Karl Dietz...Nikon D200...Ikelite iTTL housing...10.5mm...15mm FE...12-24mm...17-35mm...60mm micro...105mm micro...dual DS-200's
www.kdietz.com