Nikon 14mm f/2.8 prime

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 diverdoug1

diverdoug1

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Interests:UW photography, Cave diving, Trimix, Spearfishing, Saltwater fishing, Freshwater fishing, Skiing

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:24 AM

I did not find any results when searching for this lens on Wetpixel.  I was wondering if anyone had tried it.  I have not shot any wide rectilinear primes, and I was curious about their performance.  I have a D800 in an Aquatica housing and a 9.25" dome.  I am currently shooting a 16mm fisheye, and a 16-35 zoom for my W/A lenses.

Thanks, Doug

Edited by diverdoug1, 25 February 2014 - 10:30 AM.

#2 divegypsy

divegypsy

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:07 PM

Doug, 

On several other topics I have suggested that you might want to get in touch with me since I also live in Sarasota.  I own a Nikon 14mm f2.8 would be happy to let you borrow it for a few test shots. You can compare it to the 14-24mm zoom if you want.

I also own most of the macro lenses you have discussed recently on WetPixel and would be happy to let you try those as well.  

I feel trying a lens yourself is far better than just talking about it.  But that requires that you actually get in the water shoot with the lens.  And then take the time evaluate the results for yourself.  And maybe that's just more effort than you are willing to make.  

I'm away for a few days but will be back in Sarasota on March 8th.  My phone number is 941 953-7623.

Fred

#3 diverdoug1

diverdoug1

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Interests:UW photography, Cave diving, Trimix, Spearfishing, Saltwater fishing, Freshwater fishing, Skiing

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:17 PM

Fred, we must get together soon!  Sorry I have not got back to you on that yet, SMH has been very busy this season. I certainly appreciate your generous offer to borrow your lens, unfortunately I don't have the required extension ring needed for this lens, but am interested in your opinion of the lens performance underwater before I purchase it, and the required extension and focus ring.

Much thanks, Doug

#4 divegypsy

divegypsy

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

I'm sure we can mount it on one of my D800 bodies in one of my Subal housings.  If we can find a good pool, we can shoot it vs the 14-24 and the 16-35 and the 17-35.  Just takes time and effort.

Fred

#5 owfotograaf

owfotograaf

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:34 AM

Anyone tryed this lens underwater?

Nikkor AF-D 14mm F2.8 ED