#1 Roo

Roo

Triggerfish

• Industry
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, swimming, diving

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

Our friends at ScubaJunkie have been exploring the reefs fringing the East coast of Sabah, Malaysia. It's been labelled the Sipadan Barrier Reef due to its proximity to Sipadan. Scubazoo went diving there and we put together a 60sec edit. Let me know what you think...

Roger Munns
Underwater Cameraman
Homepage|Facebook page|YouTube Channel

#2 CheungyDiver

CheungyDiver

Tiger Shark

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Interests:Lots. I take things apart, modify things and make things.

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

Thats Sabah east coast ? Wow. Never seen it that pristine before. Great video.

Proprietor of Scubacam, Singapore. Commercial videocameraman. Also shoot digital stills. I modify and built stuff. I love technology. Camera: Red Epic/ Scarlet and soon Dragon

Email: info@scubacam.com.sg

http://www.scubacam.com.sg/

#3 kc_moses

kc_moses

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

Hi Roo, is ScubaJunkie the dive operator that goes there? Thinking of going back home to KK next March and pay a visit to Sipadan, probably stay at Kapalai. Been to Sipadan twice, haven't seen the barracuda tornado yet, and certainly not manta ray!

Oh, Sipadan Barrier Reef doesn't need permit does it? Kind of bored with Mabul so I want to go some place with more reef.

Thanks!

#4 Roo

Roo

Triggerfish

• Industry
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, swimming, diving

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:01 PM

Hi Roo, is ScubaJunkie the dive operator that goes there? Thinking of going back home to KK next March and pay a visit to Sipadan, probably stay at Kapalai. Been to Sipadan twice, haven't seen the barracuda tornado yet, and certainly not manta ray!

Oh, Sipadan Barrier Reef doesn't need permit does it? Kind of bored with Mabul so I want to go some place with more reef.

Thanks!

Yes ScubaJunkie is the operator that goes there. They've had some great mobula encounters there with large schools sometimes. No Permit needed :) 

Roger Munns
Underwater Cameraman
Homepage|Facebook page|YouTube Channel

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 60secs, Sipadan, ScubaJunkie, Mabul, Malaysia, video