Photo
- - - - -

Pt. Lobos Cabazon Face

Point Lobos marco california cabazon Scorpaenichthys marmoratus Pt. Lobos State Reserve

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kcf955

kcf955

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:Underwater Photography, but since I can't dive everyday I do other types of photography including weddings. Shy fish, shy bride, fleeting moments, telling a story...same thing.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

It has been far too long since I last visited Point Lobos State Reserve in Carmel CA. I had heard from other divers that the Cabazon males could be found guarding eggs this time of year but that this yearly event was nearly over. On Monday 2/24 condition were incredible with 50' visibility and very little surge. I lucked out and found this rather large Cabazon (Scorpaenichthys marmoratus) near the "Hole in the Wall" just outside Whalers Cove. This was shot at f10 @ 125th second, Manual mode housed DSLR, 100mm Macro Lens and two strobes 1/2 power and -4 power. Processing this image was very straight forward with minor adjustments to increase contrast, sharpen and very little backscatter removal, thanks to relatively clear water. I wish I had spent some time bracketing my depth of field to see a little more sharpness in the pectoral fins. Next time...

Keith

14-Feb-Pt Lobos-101.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Point Lobos, marco, california, cabazon, Scorpaenichthys marmoratus, Pt. Lobos State Reserve