2 replies to this topic

#1 Kevindale222

Kevindale222

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:01 AM

Hi.

Does anyone know if the olympus 12-50mm lens will fit behind the zen WA-100 dome and work properly. I know it has a little macro switch on side which I'm not to bothered about as I have a dedicated macro lens. Just thinking the 12-50mm lens is a better lens than he 14-42mm lens.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I'm using the PT-EP05l housing.

#2 Overexposed Seahorse

Overexposed Seahorse

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

Hi, I had a quick look into this when it first came out, as I thought exactly the same as you. I emailed Cameras Underwater about it, and they said that from the measurements that it wouldn't fit, but they didn't actually have a lens there to test. However as they haven't added it to their website under compatible lenses, then I think it is unlikely that it works. Even if it does fit, then it may well be that the lens is too close to the dome to get sharp shots.

#3 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

Does the 12-50 lens fit in the PT-EP05L housing? On the specs it does not say that. If it does you can put an m67 air lens like the nauticam wetmate and restore the air field of view. You can't zoom through though

Other option for this housing is the Inon UWL-H100 28M67 with or without dome wider field of view but most likely less quality than the minidome

Check my video, pictures and blog

YouTube Channel

Flickr Sets

Blog