Photo
- - - - -

Adobe Lightroom for iPad released (more platforms to follow)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jock

Jock

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:16 AM

Today Adobe released the long-awaited app.

BUT: Seems it is not sold separately, but only as part of Adobe Cloud with a subscription and monthly fee.

For me, as an amateur photographer who uses the iPad during dive trips for saving files, that means: Forget it!

Jock

---
http://www.dive-images.de
---

Olympus OM-D EM5, Inon Z240 and Nikonos RS, Ikelite SS200

#2 ChrigelKarrer

ChrigelKarrer

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:39 AM

Jock,

the PC or Mac Adobe Creative Cloud applications don't need a always on internet connection.
The software runs and stores completely on your computer and only need to connect each 30 or 90 days

to the Adobe server to verify your subscription.

I played around with Photoshop Creative Cloud and i like it, what i don't like is that you can buy ONE application for a reasonable price (30 Euros/Month) but if you need more it becomes expensive as you need the full version and this is somewhere around 80 Euros a month for a lot of software i/you probably don't need.

Chris

Nikon D800 - Sigma 15mm - Nikon 105mm Micro VR - Hugyfot Housing - 3 Inon Z-240 strobes - 2x2 8'' ULCS arms

Canon G12 with Patima aluminium housing - Fuji E900 with Ikelite housing
Visit My Costa Rica Website - Visit My Italy Website

#3 bvanant

bvanant

Orca

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1499 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:10 AM

Is it part of the photographers package? I pay (I think) $10/month for LR and PS. I will see if I can download it to my iPad.

Bill

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net

#4 jmauricio

jmauricio

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:47 AM

it is part of the photographers package for $10/m. which i think compares well price wise. LR upgrades are $80 per year. I figure I just get photoshop for another $40. I downloaded it and it looks basic put a reasonable first start. Looking forward to how I might use this as part of a mobile workflow.

#5 ChrigelKarrer

ChrigelKarrer

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:53 AM

Bill,

i checked that yesterday and it is as follows:
- 9.99$ + taxes per month for Lightroom  5.3 Desktop, mobile + web + Photoshop CC 1 year Creative Cloud membership
- price is locked for 1 year, after it will change (and most likely not lower ...)
- it runs on Windows 7or 8, Mac OS X v10.7 or v10.8 and iOS7 and greater. Available for iPad2 and later

Have a look here

Every program more cost 19.99+Taxes or all together 599.88$ per year
As i would need Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator InDesign and Premiere it would be cheaper to get the full package, but it is still hefty 599.88$ per year ( but still cheaper than buying the programs ... )

Chris

Edited by ChrigelKarrer, 08 April 2014 - 10:57 AM.

Nikon D800 - Sigma 15mm - Nikon 105mm Micro VR - Hugyfot Housing - 3 Inon Z-240 strobes - 2x2 8'' ULCS arms

Canon G12 with Patima aluminium housing - Fuji E900 with Ikelite housing
Visit My Costa Rica Website - Visit My Italy Website

#6 Jock

Jock

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:13 PM

If you already have a plan with a monthly fee, okay.

But if you have bought the PC/MAC Standalone version of Lightroom the app is useless. You MUST subscribe and pay a monthly fee to use the app.

BTW Just checked the app store again, the first update is out already... And yesterday there were five negative comments about this forced subscription. Today, at the time of writing this comment, they are gone. Strange...

---
http://www.dive-images.de
---

Olympus OM-D EM5, Inon Z240 and Nikonos RS, Ikelite SS200

#7 jmauricio

jmauricio

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:21 AM

If you already have a plan with a monthly fee, okay.

But if you have bought the PC/MAC Standalone version of Lightroom the app is useless. You MUST subscribe and pay a monthly fee to use the app.

BTW Just checked the app store again, the first update is out already... And yesterday there were five negative comments about this forced subscription. Today, at the time of writing this comment, they are gone. Strange...

comments are on a version by version basis. you have an option to click on current version (default) or "all versions"

27 comments as of writing for the current version. 40 something for the all versions.