• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 NWDiver

NWDiver

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1274 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:26 AM

The kit I bought came with a case which fits everything you need.  You could get a laptop or tablet in it also.  The case would be ok in the larger International/Domestic carriers but no way it will fit in the smaller regional/puddle jumpers in areas like SE Asia.  You would have to Gate Check it.

http://www.dslrpros....ALID=0&ssl=true

#22 Kelpfish

Kelpfish

Giant Squid

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1602 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:13 AM

I have been doing a lot of research and found a lot about random Phantom fly aways and poor customer service around this issue. It reminds me of the the Nikon D600 sensor spot issue where Nikon refused to acknowledge the problem until nearly two years later.  I think I will look at other alternatives.  Any ideas?  I do like the 25 minute flight time of the Phantom, though.  But too many seemingly experienced flyers are reporting fly aways even with the claim that they followed step by step calibration instructions. With my luck, I would lose it on day one.  Some lost their after day one and others after hundreds of flights, then all of a sudden it's gone.

Would love to hear any suggestions to alternatives.

Joe

Joe Belanger
Author, Catalina Island - All you Need to Know
www.californiaunderwater.com
www.visitingcatalina.com

#23 sjspeck

sjspeck

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:U/W Video

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:23 AM

Just how one pack quad copter, gopro, camera, laptop, camera housing, tablet, camera for land use, all in to carry on to a plane?

You can't really if you bring all that other stuff, the DJI quad doesn't break down small enough since it's a solid body quad - only the struts/camera mount come off somewhat easily. DJI sells one for their complete system or there's this one:

http://www.amazon.co...ji phantom case

IDK about you all but I also carry regs, mask and a few clothes so I'll be checking mine.

Edited by sjspeck, 20 April 2014 - 01:38 AM.

#24 edmond320

edmond320

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:59 AM

Just return from Raja Ampat and filmed an aerial video. 

Vision Plus is awesome.

Cheers

Edmond

#25 thetrickster

thetrickster

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:25 AM

Been looking at the EVO800 for the GH4 - but man do they get pricey!!

Love it Edmond!

Regards, Richard

---

GH4, Ninja2, 8mm, 7-14mm, 12-35mm, 14-42mm PZ, 60mm - all in a Nauticam wrapping, plus a couple of Keldan Video 8M CRI Lights

---