ikelite ikelite 5D MkIII ikelite ports

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dpaustex

dpaustex

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Scuba. Photography. Mountains.

What else is there?

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:28 AM

00l0l_bmp1nbIi5vJ_600x450.jpg
00l0l_bmp1nbIi5vJ_50x50c.jpg00606_50vl14bJOHK_50x50c.jpg01515_bddvNNK1RTT_50x50c.jpg00000_1czP2qz2Q9p_50x50c.jpg00m0m_5GMgrBUGsMT_50x50c.jpg01313_1ZaG8Ajz1em_50x50c.jpg00w0w_fGMwWzoz5w6_50x50c.jpg

For Sale, a brand new Ikelite housing, along with ports, for a Canon 5D Mark III.

This housing has never been in the ocean, and I purchased to replace my 5D Mk II housing a few months ago. Unfortunately, a texting driver ran into me, and I have never made it to the ocean (courtesy of 2 back surgeries).

My pain is your gain.

I have the following items for sale:

Brand New Ikelite Housing for Canon 5D Mk III - retails of $1599.95 for sale for $1450.
Ikelite Modular Port Extension, 1.75 inch 5510.58 (never used) - retails for $125, yours for $100
Ikelite Modular Port Extension, 1.25 inch 5510.54 (never used) - retails for $125, yours for $100
Ikelite Dome port with Shade (shade has patch on screw hole) and neoprene cover - Retails for $400, yours for $285.
Ikelite port body 5510.16 (attaches dome port, or macro port, to housing) - Retails for $125, only $100
Ikelite macro port, with GLASS lens, 5510.35 - retails for $200, yours for $150.
Ikelite lens extension focus port w/ knob (use with various lenses) 5510.75 - retails for $175, only $140.
Ports include zoom gears.

All prices plus shipping.

Will make a package deal on ALL OF the above, if you buy everything (take another 5% off and give free shipping to continental US).

For specific details on the above, visit www.Ikelite.com.

The housing gives you access to all important camera functions on the Canon 5D Mark III. I shot the Mk II in an Ikelite housing for five years, and never had any issues whatsoever. Simply was a wonderful housing. The ports listed allow you a wide range of options for those wonderful underwater shots. I shoot a Canon 17-40 zoom, a Canon 15mm fisheye, and a 100mm macro. With the extensions and ports, above, you have these and many more combinations.
dome.jpg extension.jpg extension2.jpg port.jpg macro.jpg extension3.jpg

Scuba season is here, so gear up!!!

Edited by dpaustex, 11 April 2014 - 01:32 AM.

#2 khahuynh

khahuynh

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:11 AM

Hi ! where do you live ? i want to come and check the housing . thank you 

#3 dpaustex

dpaustex

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

What else is there?

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

Central Texas

#4 njcfm

njcfm

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:02 PM

I recently purchase the dome port listed in this ad from David Price.

The item was not as described and was more damaged than originally stated.

He claims that it is my problem that the box was crushed during shipment, he obviously did not place any insurance on the item before shipping and did a very poor job of describing the damage to the shade.

The shade is split in half as shown in this picture:

WP_20140528_003.jpg

The original add said it was patched, I asked for more pictures he refused and said the one posted showed the repair/damage.  On good faith I trusted him and unfortunately for me according to him "My responsibility ended when I shipped the as-described product."  

This is the kind of person you will be dealing with, one that has no concern about anything he has sold as soon as he gets payment.  Be VERY cautious dealing with him and purchasing anything from him.  He packaged the dome poorly and the shade arrived in worse condition than was stated in the original add, he refuses to work with me on it or take the items back and refund my money.  He has no interest in resolving this situation other to say that it is my problem.

buyer beware. 

Edited by njcfm, 28 May 2014 - 07:08 PM.

On the rock that is Bermuda, if anyone is visiting let me know

#5 dpaustex

dpaustex

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

What else is there?

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:36 PM

For those of you that care. See the other post for this http://wetpixel.com/...showtopic=52861

The listing clearly states the shade was cracked. Mr. Manfra knew this, we exchanged many PM's on the item prior to the sale, then he notifies me five days after he receives the item that there is some other kind of damage.  The picture he posted is not the condition in which it was sent.

He conveniently ignores his extortion attempts, for an item clearly described in the posting (shade has patch....), as well as PM saying it was cracked/patched. He is given further price concessions on the sale, then whines.

He also asks me to falsify customs forms.

He gets on Scubaboard, falsely stating he bought the item off that site.

Puh-lease, I think his character is evident.  We call it "pants on fire" here in Texas.

Happy diving, y'all.