5d Mk III ikelite 5d Mk iii ikelite housing

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 dpaustex

dpaustex

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Scuba. Photography. Mountains.

What else is there?

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

I have an Ikelite 5D Mk III housing, and all ports. The housing is brand new, and has never been dove. I bought it to replace by 5D Mk II, when I upgraded the body, but a car wreck kind of sidelined those plans.

My pain is your gain.

I have the following items for sale:

Brand New Ikelite Housing for Canon 5D Mk III - retails of $1599.95 for sale for $1450, OBO.
Ikelite Modular Port Extension, 1.75 inch 5510.58 (never used) - retails for $125, yours for $100
Ikelite Modular Port Extension, 1.25 inch 5510.54 (never used) - retails for $125, yours for $100
Ikelite Dome port with Shade (shade has patch on screw hole) and neoprene cover - Retails for $400, yours for $285.
Ikelite port body 5510.16 (attaches dome port, or macro port, to housing) - Retails for $125, only $100
Ikelite macro port, with GLASS lens, 5510.35 - retails for $200, yours for $150.
Ikelite lens extension focus port w/ knob (use with various lenses) 5510.75 - retails for $175, only $140.
Ports include zoom gears.

Will also sell Ikelite sync chords. Have double and single $125 for the double, $80 for the single.

Will make a package deal on ALL OF the above, if you buy everything.

For specific details on the above, visit www.Ikelite.com.

The housing gives you access to all important camera functions on the Canon 5D Mark III. I shot the Mk II in an Ikelite housing for five years, and never had any issues whatsoever. Simply was a wonderful housing. The ports listed allow you a wide range of options for those wonderful underwater shots. I shoot a 17-40 zoom, a 15mm fisheye, and a 100mm macro. With the extensions and ports, above, you have these and many more combinations.

Price includes instruction on how to properly setup and care for your housing, all instruction books/manuals, and all seals.

Scuba season is here, so gear up!!!

housing2.jpg

dome.jpg

macro.jpg

port.jpg

extension3.jpg

extension2.jpg

extension.jpg

#2 njcfm

njcfm

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:12 AM

sent pm

On the rock that is Bermuda, if anyone is visiting let me know

#3 marcin9049

marcin9049

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:10 AM

is it still for sale ?

#4 dpaustex

dpaustex

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

What else is there?

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

Macro port is gone, as well as the extension w/ knob.

#5 dpaustex

dpaustex

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

What else is there?

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:57 PM

Dome sold today.

#6 dpaustex

dpaustex

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

What else is there?

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:59 PM

I have an Ikelite 5D Mk III housing, and all ports. The housing is brand new, and has never been dove. I bought it to replace by 5D Mk II, when I upgraded the body, but a car wreck kind of sidelined those plans.

My pain is your gain.

I have the following items for sale:

Brand New Ikelite Housing for Canon 5D Mk III - retails of $1599.95 for sale for $1450, OBO.
Ikelite Modular Port Extension, 1.75 inch 5510.58 (never used) - retails for $125, yours for $100
Ikelite Modular Port Extension, 1.25 inch 5510.54 (never used) - retails for $125, yours for $100
Ikelite Dome port with Shade (shade has patch on screw hole) and neoprene cover - Retails for $400, yours for $285  SOLD.
Ikelite port body 5510.16 (attaches dome port, or macro port, to housing) - Retails for $125, only $100 SOLD
Ikelite macro port, with GLASS lens, 5510.35 - retails for $200, yours for $150. SOLD
Ikelite lens extension focus port w/ knob (use with various lenses) 5510.75 - retails for $175, only $140. SOLD
Ports include zoom gears.

Will also sell Ikelite sync chords. Have double and single $125 for the double, $80 for the single.

Will make a package deal on ALL OF the above, if you buy everything.

For specific details on the above, visit www.Ikelite.com.

The housing gives you access to all important camera functions on the Canon 5D Mark III. I shot the Mk II in an Ikelite housing for five years, and never had any issues whatsoever. Simply was a wonderful housing. The ports listed allow you a wide range of options for those wonderful underwater shots. I shoot a 17-40 zoom, a 15mm fisheye, and a 100mm macro. With the extensions and ports, above, you have these and many more combinations.

Price includes instruction on how to properly setup and care for your housing, all instruction books/manuals, and all seals.

Scuba season is here, so gear up!!!

attachicon.gifhousing2.jpg

attachicon.gifdome.jpg

attachicon.gifmacro.jpg

attachicon.gifport.jpg

attachicon.gifextension3.jpg

attachicon.gifextension2.jpg

attachicon.gifextension.jpg

Edited by dpaustex, 16 May 2014 - 02:00 PM.

#7 dpaustex

dpaustex

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

What else is there?

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:10 PM

All of the above items are SOLD.    Have two port extensions, and dual Reefnet diopter holder for sale.  Will re-post.

(Moderator, please do not delete post until buyer's receive items). Thx!

Edited by dpaustex, 19 May 2014 - 05:56 PM.

#8 njcfm

njcfm

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:57 PM

I recently purchase the dome port listed in this ad from David Price.

The item was not as described and was more damaged than originally stated.

He claims that it is my problem that the box was crushed during shipment, he obviously did not place any insurance on the item before shipping and did a very poor job of describing the damage to the shade.

The shade is split in half as shown in this picture:

WP_20140528_003.jpg

The original add said it was patched, I asked for more pictures he refused and said the one posted showed the repair/damage.  On good faith I trusted him and unfortunately for me according to him "My responsibility ended when I shipped the as-described product."  

This is the kind of person you will be dealing with, one that has no concern about anything he has sold as soon as he hands it off to the post office.  Be VERY cautious dealing with him and purchasing anything from him.  He packaged the dome poorly and the shade arrived in worse condition than was stated in the original add, he refuses to work with me on it or take the items back and refund my money.  He has no interest in resolving this situation other to say that it is my problem.

buyer beware. 

#9 dpaustex

dpaustex

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

What else is there?

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:26 PM

I will furnish the message exchange (a grossly inacurrate and defamatory statement, above) to anyone that cares.

The original post clearly stated the shade was cracked through the screw hole (it is). It was patched with epoxy, under the direction of input from Ikelite (it is a Delrin plastic).  Further price concessions were made on price. At no time did I "refuse more pictures" (did someone twist his arm to buy a patched shade???).  

A photo of the shade, immediately before the patch was made is enclosed.  There were no gouges, nothing. A clean patch was made (see original post of the patch on the shade, on the right side of the photo, or one, below). Again, this was disclosed in a message exchange with the person, above, as well as clearly listed in the posting.

Three  e-mail exchanges, further re-iterating the crack was made on 14 May

dpaustex, on 14 May 2014 - 12:50 PM, said (in gray area) (Mr. Manfra's comments below gray area).

I have a $365 offer for the macro stuff (to your $350). Will do the dome for $250, plus the $365, shipped.

I double checked and I'm glad I did..

for the 8" dome to work, I'll need to pick up a 5510.11 port, you don't happen to have one do you?

for the 100mm to work I would need the 5510.16 + 5510.75 + 5510.35... Since you have another offer for the macro setup I'll let you sell it to them.

I am interested in the dome assuming it is in good shape and there are no scratches on the visual portion of it? (I don't care if the shade has a scratch or two)

At the moment put me down for the dome, pending more detailed information on it's condition and if you happen to have the 5510.11 sitting somewhere.

Thanks

Eric

The response by me was:

Sent 14 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

I can sell you the dome, shade, and a 5510.11 for $360.00, shipped. Will have new o-rings.

The shade did crack through one of the set-screw holes and has been patched.

Dome is pristine. Includes foam cover, too.

To which Eric ulimately responded:

Sent 14 May 2014 - 06:04 PM

no problem on the macro stuff and I understand if you want to sell it all as a package. I'm sold on the wide angle setup..

I live over-seas (in Bermuda) but i'll be shipping this to a forwarder, do you think you can write and include a receipt in the package and via email saying I paid $200 for the whole thing? This will save me $30+ bucks on taxes, I'll pay you the full amount and the shipping address is in NJ/NY so you will be sending it to a US address. I just need you to make sure you package it well and secure.

I'm fine with the $365 and can pay via paypal.

Let me know if you are ok with all of this and we can work out payment.

Thanks

Eric

The package -  which is fully wrapped in bubble wrap - is delivered (sorry, I didn't personally drive it from Texas to New Jersey). No contact for five days after it was delivered. Then I get an email saying the shade was cracked. Uh, yeah, I said that in the post.  I am then told I need to "split the cost of a new shade". Uh, the post said it had a patch, so how does getting a pristine dome (he sent me that in a message), with a known crack, entitle you to a new sahde????  Pictures finally were forthcoming, and included a crushed box, and the fact someone has removed the patch (conveniently not mentioned in the person's post), and gouged the shade. Excuse me, the post says it is cracked/patched, and you take delivery of a crushed box without saying anything to the Post Office, AND you scratch it up removing the patch???  (I am assuming he didn't crush the box, to further support his inanity).

I suggested he buy $5 tube of exoxy and reglue. Considering I gave a further $35 price concession on the item ($360 used for $525 new price items), told him it was cracked in message exchanges and the original posting, I'm not sure what this unreasonable person expects.  You can see from the other pix of my gear that I take exceptionally good care of it - then he posts a bogus pix???  All in an attempt to extort money for an item properly described in the ad, and in PM's.  Geesh.

He also wants me to lie on the payment amount, above (see highlite), in support of him falsifying a government document. Honest guy.

Then he comes on here and flames me?    In hundreds of transactions (mainly on Ebay), I've had zero complaints. Zero. As an engineer and business owner, I take exception to people that buy used items, items that have full disclosure, have conversations about the items, then they mis-state the situation - even threatening me in e-mails.  Classic.

Attached Images

• shade_prepatch.jpg
  • dome.jpg

Edited by dpaustex, 28 May 2014 - 09:45 PM.

#10 dpaustex

dpaustex

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

What else is there?

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:57 PM

All items are sold. Thanks.

Edited by dpaustex, 28 May 2014 - 08:48 PM.

#11 njcfm

njcfm

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:07 AM

nothing was removed from the shade by me or my father.

your failure to insure the package you shipped and statement that as soon as you drop it off at the post office it isn't your problem is something all future buyers should know about.

all of a sudden after i had asked for pictures previously he posts a picture pre-patch, thanks for that.

the receipt was for customs reasons if it was going to come straight to bermuda, to make life easier I had it shipped to a house in NJ, where it was inspected upon delivery, as for 5 days later that is BS, it was delivered on the 24th I contacted David on the 27th after a HOLIDAY weekend.  The fact that David can't count is enough of a reason NOT to do business with him.

Edited by njcfm, 29 May 2014 - 02:08 AM.

#12 dpaustex

dpaustex

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

What else is there?

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:42 AM

The above buyer has a serious problem grasping facts.

1. Item clearly described as having a patch on a crack in the shade.
  2. Further price concessions given, in the amount of $35.
  3. At no time was there any "refusal" to furnish pictures of the item (there is a picture in the post).
  4. Buyer asks me to falsify paperwork to Customs. I refuse.
  5. Buyer sends several PMs prior to the transaction, all of which were answered, then consummates the deal. 
  6. Buyer then comes back, several days after the package is delivered and says there is a crack. Duh. See item 1 (and repeat this list, as necessary).  Buyer did not ask for insurance, yet item was wrapped in bubble wrap and inside the foam cover.
  7. Suggested to buyer to reglue to patch, with a $5 tube of epoxy.  See item 1 and 2.
  8. Buyer insists I should help purchase a new shade.  See item 1.
  9. I refuse, as item is as described. See item 1.

Buyer then goes to every website he can find and mis-states pretty much everything.   I am not sure why he cannot grasp the above items, and the fact the posting clearly states there is a crack in the shade.

Now it has turned into a matter of principle, as he is mis-stating sequence of events.  Again, see item 1.  :lightbulb:

#13 dpaustex

dpaustex

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

What else is there?

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:17 PM

All items sold.

Please close forum topic.