• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 luxemiles

luxemiles

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:18 AM

i really think 3d is made for underwater environment.

Too bad 3d consumer level cameras are not fast like the dslr. I hope we can further advance the 3d cameras for underwater use.

i have been taking 3d underwater photos and videos for about one year, and the results on 3d tvs are just wow. all the 3d pictures pop out of the pages. The details of the corals, the relative spatial positions of the school of fish, the depth that it add to the pictures, makes 3d photos the future of underwater photography.

some pictures and angles taken in 2d are very "boring", but in 3d? WOW! like shoot from top? lots of distracting background? more background more corals the better in 3d.

The angles, compositions, lightning, backgrounds, rule of 3rd.. most have to be rethink when shooting in 3d

i uploaded some samples of 3d photos, for you to sample. taken with fuji 3d photo camera

it is in mpo format, true 3d, not software created.

http://luxemiles.com/?cat=10

the pictures are taken without the red filter, so it is a little "blue" ( i will get a red filter for my next trip for my photo camera).

I only managed to get red filter for my other 3d camcorder recently, and will upload 3d videos later.

too bad i do not know how to manipulate or photoshop 3d photos yet.. if anyone have the experience and know which software to use, let me know?

Edited by luxemiles, 18 April 2014 - 02:53 AM.

#2 UW3D

UW3D

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Underwater 3D still and video photography; 3D equipment, display and publishing.

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

I strongly recommend that you use Stereo Photo Maker (SPM) freeware for 3D processing of your images. Once they are joined into a stereo pair SPM, you may adjust the JPEG image in any image processing software. you cannot manipulate RAW images in SPM, but your Fuji does not save them anyway.

Mark

#3 luxemiles

luxemiles

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:44 AM

Thanks for the tip about stereo photo maker. Fujifilm does have a software to split mpo files and recombine them. But i have trouble combining it in fuji software. I have applied auto level on the 3 d photos, making it less blue.

So have any of you have a chance to view the 3 d pictures? Isn't cool? I wish they make better 3d photo cameras... I do have lots of suggestions for future improvements.

3d underwater have to be seen full resolution in big screen to appreciate all the details. I think mpo or jps original format is a lot better than side by side and recombining them through tv 3d processing. Of course if your computer has nvidia 3d set up, the quality of the image mpo that i uploaded will look better with the nvidia 3d lightboost version2.

I have also shot about 5 hours of 3 d video in raja ampat alone! Now to figure out how to upload, and preserve the 3d and full hd on both eye. Youtube does not make justice to the full hd per lense in 3d., it downsample the stream. Maybe some 4k tv 3d passive would be good for the footage.

I also tried 3d video fluo diving, it looks amazing! Looks like you are actually diving in fluo. As most of you know, fluo diving pictures circulating so far does not really represent the realistic view thay your eye sees. Sometimes they are too dark, too defocused, too close. The new sola night sea changed the game of fluo photos and video by providing more lumens, making 3d video possible.

Edited by luxemiles, 25 April 2014 - 05:55 AM.