• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10644 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:23 AM

Peter Scoones, the iconic cameraman who was part of the team for Blue Planet, Earth and other wonderful series from the BBC, has passed away over Easter Weekend.  Rest in peace, Scoonesie!

http://www.telegraph...s-obituary.html

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#2 jmauricio

jmauricio

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:34 PM

Very sad to hear. I heard him speak a couple times. Met him in person once. Was a true inspiration. RIP for sure.

#3 Paul Kay

Paul Kay

Giant Squid

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1729 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:00 AM

Just read this. How sad - one of the pioneers over here - I first heard him talk at BSOUP in the early eighties talking about Blue Holes. End of an era I'd say.

Paul Kay, Canon EOS5D/5DII, SEACAM/S45, 15, 24L, 60/2.8 (+Ext12II) & 100/2.8 Macros - UK/Ireland Seacam Sales underseacameras & marinewildlife & paulkayphotography & welshmarinefish

#4 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10644 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:52 PM

For those who want to pay tribute to his work, there is a memorial FB page for Peter here:

https://www.facebook.com/peterjscoones

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.