• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bubbs

Bubbs

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:56 AM

Im writing in the forums to ask of anyone else who placed in the IWUPC contest has received their prizes yet? 

My dive guide has already gotten his prize months ago, and I have been in contact with the organizers to arrange getting the prize but each time I email them they say they will look into it and I never hear back from them until weeks later after I send another email. Then the process repeats again. 

#2 Scuba_SI

Scuba_SI

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1059 posts
  • Interests:Owner / Manager / Handyman at NAD-Lembeh.

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:40 AM

I still have 2 unpaid guides and one unpaid guest.  1st place DSLR.

Evidently they are having 'trouble' sending to North America - and refuse to send to another account suggested by the participants.  

Nauticam Rossa / 5Dmk3 / A7r / EM-1 / S110

http://vimeo.com/lembehmuckdiver

www.nad-lembeh.com: 2:1 diveguide ratio for June / July 2014!!

#3 Chris Kroll

Chris Kroll

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:44 AM

Hi Bubbs,
I created a Facebook chat conversation between all of the winners and placeholders that I could find on Facebook back in February. Unfortunately I could not find everybody.
It seemed apparent at this time that the IWUPC organizers were not responding to any of our emails and it looked like none of us were going to get paid.

There are 17 of us in there, still quite a few unpaid and over 500 messages back and forth with alot of information to read if you want to know what has been going on.

Those of us who have been paid have been taxed very highly - up to 45%.

Send me a PM with your Facebook account details and I will add you to the conversation

#4 Scuba_SI

Scuba_SI

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1059 posts
  • Interests:Owner / Manager / Handyman at NAD-Lembeh.

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:46 AM

Also, they have cut taxes and are not forthcoming with proof that we all need to avoid being double taxed.

Nauticam Rossa / 5Dmk3 / A7r / EM-1 / S110

http://vimeo.com/lembehmuckdiver

www.nad-lembeh.com: 2:1 diveguide ratio for June / July 2014!!

#5 dangerzone

dangerzone

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:34 AM

Yes, this has gone on for way too long. It would seem that I need to open a new account for them to send my prize money, since they can't seem to get it to either of the US accounts that I have now. Add that to the fact that they don't answer emails for months at a time, and when they do it's from some anonymous gmail or hotmail account, so it all seems a bit shady. And they're hammering foreigners for 40-45% tax. I asked them to transfer my $12,000 prize to Simon's Indonesian bank and they refused. I'm assuming that they're refusing because they could only tax it 15%, as they did with Simon's prize. So it's now mid-April, and I've still not been paid.....

Chris

Canon 5DMkIII, Nauticam NA-5DMKIII, 2x Inon Z-240

#6 Bubbs

Bubbs

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:09 PM

Wow... what a shame. I didn't know it was this bad. I talked to my guide and apparently he got taxed quite a bit as well. I'll visit the Facebook page and check it out. Is there anything that can be done? 

#7 Chris Kroll

Chris Kroll

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

It's a private Facebook chat conversation, just added you to it then.

#8 JimSwims

JimSwims

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:06 AM

Shame that a comp designed to promote diving in a region sours the deal like this.

From their Rules and Regulations-  "12. Winners will be announced and prizes awarded by the third week of December 2013."

http://www.indonesia...and_regulations

Surely they have no legal basis for refusing to pay in full to the account that you designate?!

Good luck to everybody still awaiting payment. Hope they settle their debts very soon.

Cheers,

Jim.

My photostream on Flickr My gallery on Redbubble

D90 in Nexus; 60mm, Woody's Diopter, 105mm, SubSee +5 & +10 magnifiers, 10-17mm, Kenko 1.4 TC, 10-24mm, 18-55mm & Inon Z240 strobes.

#9 Bubbs

Bubbs

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:23 AM

Still nothing. 

My last contact with any of the "organizers" was on April 8th. 
Still lots of others haven't been paid yet either. 

Does anyone know anything about hiring a lawyer to deal with this situation? Or are there any other ways around this?  I am completely lost when it comes to these type of things...