• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thetrickster

thetrickster

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:06 AM

After attaching my NA-NINJA2 to my NA-GH3 - it came apparent that I need to brace the Flexitray to the housing to get everything stronger. For the bigger (and now some Mirrorless Housings) Nauticam neither incorporate the handles into the housing - or provide screw in brackets to attach the housing to the Flexitray - the NA-GH3 doesn't have these - nor to many others.

13993384696_0d09c5121c.jpg

14013304792_b5f7d7446f.jpg

So using 2x ULCS Triple Clamps and a 200mm arm (here I'm using a cheap i-Das one) and tie wrapping it to the Ball Connector on the housing (in the photo, just above the i-Das logo), I've strengthened the Flexitry and made the whole unit more solid. The good thing about all this, is that it all comes apart for easy travelling.

Anyone got any better ideas? Done it a different way?

Regards, Richard

--

Gear:  GH4, 12-35mm, 7-14mm, 8mm FishEye, 60mm, Atomos Ninja2, NA-GH3, NA-NINJA2, Zen 170mm Dome, Keldan Luna 8 CRI's

Underwater 4K Videos

#2 troporobo

troporobo

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

Nice idea, and well executed. I want to do something similar, but dont want to block the cold shoe mount because that is where i put my focus light. I have benn thinking about fabricating an aluminium bar with a kink. That might be a good rainy season project.