#1 Jojolcuisto

Jojolcuisto

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:UW Photographie, Cooking.

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:58 PM

Hy guys !!

In mai, i went on a Liveaboard in Tubbataha !
6 diving days in Tubbataha !! What a Paradise destination !!

Lets start with the Boat : The Seadoor
25m steel boat equip with two 8m Chase boat to go to the dives spot.

The boat is safe to operate and is seaworthy.
He is well equiped, efficient and well organise...
The leaving room wide, very cosy, (pillows everywhere), flat screen TV, underwater camera equipment area, aircon, musik...
A nice place to hang arround...

Rooms are confortable, private bathroom, and aircons in every rooms !! (they are clean by the staff everyday).

The food (and this is very important for me, i am french, and i have been working for 10 years as a Chef cook... So... )

Quality and quantity are there everyday ! Light breakfast in the morning, then reel breackfast, lunch, snack and dinner are serve on time ! Fresh fruit juice are serve after each dives as well as a hot towel to clean your face back on the boat !

Staff, briefing are well done, dive guide on the boat are European, and Philippino staff are discreet but efficient with the smile !
I am saying discreet cause, the group on the boat was french and didnt speek that much english... but if you come to them... and talk, they will be very firendly and always ready for a good joke ;)

And then, the best for the End... The Dives

Thubbataha is a protected marine Park.
Its all about wall dives, with "plateau" of hard coral garden on the top !

EVERY wall is totally different, if you dive a corner, and you go on the right, the next dive, you go on the left... you can have 2 really different wall formation !

Lots of coral are covering those wall with reef fishes all over the place, HUGE  sponge barrel and gorgonian (as i never seen before)!!

Shark every dives (white tip, grey reef, nurse, silk shark...),turtles, shool of baracuda and jack fish every days...
We also had Whale Shark, eagle ray, shool of more than 30 Bumbhead parrot fish, small napoleons...
Some of us seen hammerheads, and if your lucky, you also can see Manta, guitare shark or even tiger shark

Tubbataha is NOT a " reel" SHARK destination (like others places can be...), but  the biodiversity, the EXELENT visibility, the quality of the dives and the wall formations make it a lovely atmosphere and an exelent dive destination.

I have been leaving now 7 years in the Philippines, and diving arround quite a few dive spot !
Tubbataha will stay my favorite destination all over the Philippines, and for wide angle, and for the atmosphere of the reef !
(i am not talking about macro critters...)

I allready had a trip on the Siren Liveaboard !!
The boat is beautifull in fact !! Very well decorated, like "sailing style boat", luxury...
But for the service provided... It s about the same than the Seadoor...
And the Seadoor is much more cheaper, that make this lovelly destination more affordable for about... the same service !!

And, i was so happy for the quality and the service that was given, that i am going again with the seadoor end of June for there Visayas route...
(will keep you in touch about this one on time !)

Have a good one guys...
Cheers,

14410370972_f4e46b6d3c.jpg
Sans titre-22 par Jojolcuisto, sur Flickr

14225027289_545d472b2e.jpg
Sans titre-1 par Jojolcuisto, sur Flickr

14410520214_1fc31ee59f.jpg
Sans titre-21 par Jojolcuisto, sur Flickr

14225062608_d1bfb54338.jpg
Sans titre-20 par Jojolcuisto, sur Flickr

If you guys like it...
There is some more on my Flikr Page ;)

Edited by Jojolcuisto, 16 June 2014 - 09:05 PM.

#2 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 3042 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:11 PM

Really enjoyed seeing your images from the trip Jonathan.  Thanks for sharing them.

Cheers,

Steve

The Fin Foundation
My Images on Flikr

Canon7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom

#3 Jojolcuisto

Jojolcuisto

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:29 PM

Really enjoyed seeing your images from the trip Jonathan.  Thanks for sharing them.

Cheers,

Steve

Tks very much Steve ;)

Hope the images are better than my english vocabulary !! hahaha !!

#4 Jojolcuisto

Jojolcuisto

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:16 AM

By the way steeve, i just had a look on your flikr !!
You got plenty of wonderfull pic aswell !!
On land, and Underwater !!

#5 kerrywalter

kerrywalter

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:23 PM

Just commented on your other post. You sure had a lot of wonderful experiences in the Philippines buddy and I gotta to admit, I envy you. Looking at your photos alone, I can imagine how gleeful you were while diving.