• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 holloways

holloways

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

Is there an inexpensive yet accurate way of calibrating color on multiple monitors?  The color on my laptop is so messed up that I really hesitate doing any post processing in the field.  When I bring the images home, and view them on my desktop, it is obvious the color on the image processed on my laptop, is way off.   When I print the image on my home printer - or even - on a commercial printer - I get yet another color permutation.  Any suggestions?  Can I rent a device?  Is there a DIY method? ???

How to I calibrate color on multiple monitors and printers without spending a lot of money :-)

#2 escape

escape

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:24 PM

I'm using spyder for all 5 monitor including notebook. Once you get color profile file after calibration then no need plug in device in one computer all the time. But I do calibration once per 2~3 months.

#3 David Eason

David Eason

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:38 PM

There are a number of tools on the market such as the x-rite, spyder, colormuki and many more. From my experience you will need to buy one of this tools as you can't eye ball it. I do own a spyder kit, but if I was going by again I would buy the colormuki as it's all in one piece of equipment. In the end you should save money on printing as you can do soft proofing.
Using Tapatalk

#4 holloways

holloways

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:52 PM

Thanks for the info...  Sounds like I need to buy a device.  No "eyeballing it"

Spyder or colormunki ?  There seems to be quite a wide range in price - $80-$600 USD at B&H.

Which model do you recommend?