• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10639 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:15 AM

Nice work, Jon Shaw!  So is Bremer Channel worth setting up an expedition? :)

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#2 wydeangle

wydeangle

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:52 AM

Drew,

Maybe it was....

https://www.youtube....h?v=K9I_DcSbZjI

Ya think?

:rolleyes:

Tom

#3 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10639 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:36 AM

I was referring to conditions like visibility etc.  The players are always worthwhile subjects.  What I think is cool is the giant squid.  Although I'm not sure I'm be comfortable jumping into the water with orcas being trained to feed.  I mean baby orcas practicing might want an easier target. LOL

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#4 jonny shaw

jonny shaw

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1315 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:29 PM

Thanks Drew, yep going back for a bigger production next Feb /march. The place is nuts! Should have my Dragon by then too

www.ginclearfilm.com
www.facebook.com/ginclearfilm
GATES DEEP EPIC Based in Sydney

#5 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10639 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:28 AM

Maybe you should consider putting the Dragon on a Seabob like Jack did for his surf videos.  It should allow you more flexibility than a tow cam.   I just tried the F7 and if the mount is sturdy enough, it should be awesome for POV shots.  And if I read about a diver getting chewed by a baby orca with a dragon, I'll know not to get in the water when I go! ;) Good luck!

Drew

#6 jonny shaw

jonny shaw

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1315 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:37 PM

Already on the case Drew, I am slightly concerned about a baby Orca using me for target practice

An expedition would be great but the chances of getting permits to get in the water are nearly impossible, Australia the laid back country aint so laid back ;)

Edited by jonny shaw, 29 June 2014 - 04:43 PM.

www.ginclearfilm.com
www.facebook.com/ginclearfilm
GATES DEEP EPIC Based in Sydney

#7 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10639 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:22 PM

Oh in that case, remember to make the camera positive buoyant... at least you'll have proof! :)

Drew