I just got my YS-D1 strobes back from Sea and Sea (I was having the firmware updated). This was my first dive with them since the upgrade. Before that, they were fine. Before the dive I made sure the Oring looked good and was free of any debris, slathered on some silicone lube, put new batteries in and locked the flash. I then did 2 dives (the first was slightly deep @ 112') and didn't notice any strange behavior with the flash. I got back to my hotel room and opened up the flash to take the batteries out and noticed this-
So I can't quite tell what happened here. Either my flash flooded or a battery exploded, or ??? I didn't notice any seawater inside the flash, which makes me think the battery exploded. I was diving in the caribbean where the ocean temp was 84-86 degrees, so maybe things got too hot?
Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Brown smelly goo in your flash? I'm wondering what to do next and what's the safest way to clean this up. I am also wondering if i should contact Sea & Sea to see if there's something they can do.
Edited by poseidonsenforcer, 29 June 2014 - 05:49 PM.