3 replies to this topic

#1 Vagabond

Vagabond

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:00 AM

Hi everyone...

Need some expert advise on the use of Nauticam 6" dome port designed for the Panasonic 7-14 mm with an Olympus 9-18 mm.  I have read there is no vignetting indicating that there should be no issues, does anyone know of corner sharpness issue of using this larger dome with the 9-18mm lens?

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards, Vagabond

#2 coroander

coroander

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:34 PM

The Nauticam 6" dome and the 4" semi-dome have the same optical radius, i.e. the 4" semi-dome is just a piece of the larger 6" dome. All other things being equal (like the distance from the body to the front of the dome), the two domes will perform identically.

#3 Vagabond

Vagabond

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:56 AM

Wolf,  thank you so much for your expertize.  Let me ask you a follow up question.  You may be aware that Olympus is developing the new 7-14mm PRO lens, I know is difficult to say, but do you think it will fit in the 6" dome?

Thank you so much again.

#4 Vagabond

Vagabond

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:32 AM

Apology Coroander I missed up your name with name of the photo.   Perhaps there is one additional question I have for you looking at the Nauticam chart.  They have 7" dome for the 12-42mm lens, I presume same analysis you have done above apply for this dome? so by purchasing the 7" dome I would be able to use Lumix 7-14 mm, Olympus 9-18mm and Olympus 12-42mm, I am trying to find the port that gives me the most flexibility with lenses.

Thank you so much again.