3 replies to this topic

#1 fairweath89

fairweath89

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:01 PM

Hey,

So I am new to UW photography and to freshwater fish, so pardon the obvious question and horrific picture...

but is this a shoal of minnow (Phoxinus phoxinus). Each was about index finger length. Taken in Llyn Padarn, North Wales. 

Thanks,

Robert

Attached Images

• minnow.png

#2 kerrywalter

kerrywalter

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:29 PM

Yes, I think you're right. That's a lovely shoal of minnows you captured there. Were you able to capture more underwater wildlife? Never doved before in North Wales so I'm mighty interested to know what other marine creatures it has to offer.

#3 fairweath89

fairweath89

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:02 AM

In that lake I also found some three spine sticklebacks and in other lakes there are Pike (Muskellunge), trout and endemic crayfish. Sea diving in North Wales is awesome - great rocky reefs and kelp forests teeming with life. My photography of it is not all that but I hope to get round to posting some pictures from a recent dive on a seagrass bed off the Llyn Peninsular.

#4 kerrywalter

kerrywalter

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

In that lake I also found some three spine sticklebacks and in other lakes there are Pike (Muskellunge), trout and endemic crayfish. Sea diving in North Wales is awesome - great rocky reefs and kelp forests teeming with life. My photography of it is not all that but I hope to get round to posting some pictures from a recent dive on a seagrass bed off the Llyn Peninsular.

The lake is indeed rich with wildlife. Reading your post makes me want to ready my scuba diving gear then dive in North Wales haha! Looking forward to seeing more of your underwater photos :uwphotog: