3 replies to this topic

#1 JSiegert

JSiegert

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:25 AM

Hello,

I just acquire a set of UWL-H100 28M67 Type-2 + Dome Lens Unit II for UWL-H100 for my Canon S110 inside a Nauticam housing. 

After spending good 30 min assembling the lens system, following Inon's instruction step by step, fiddling with small and tiny screws,

After completing the assembly, I got to the maintenance section, which actually calls for disassembling the lens system after every use !!! I find this tedious since it adds 20 to 30 minutes of gear preparation.

I was wondering if there is anyone out there utilising the same lens system, that keeps it assembled between trips, and whether they have faced any issue for doing so....

Your comments are highly appreciated.

Regards;

Juan

#2 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:25 PM

I don't recall seeing this on the manual? You leave the dome assembled and rinse/soak the lens as a whole

Check my video, pictures and blog

YouTube Channel

Flickr Sets

Blog

#3 JSiegert

JSiegert

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:08 AM

After follwoing up all the steps to assembly the lens is normal to stop as soon as your are done, that instruction is under the maintenance section.

Thanks a lot for the recommendation, that is what I am doing.

#4 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:42 AM

Just make sure you lubricate the screws with silicon grease to make sure they don't stick to the lens. When the lens is dry after soaking you can check they still move if so there is no need for anything more to do in my opinion

I just looked at my maintenance section it says

after the unit is completely dry inspect orings, oring grooves, mating surfaces maintaining and greasing as necessary

I am not sure how you can inspect the orings and mating surfaces without disassembling however if this was a regulator I would not take it apart at each dive I would wait until it has done 200-300 dives before looking to open it

As the pressure surfaces are pretty much subject to static but variable pressure I would not do anything until considerable use as long as the screws can be removed safely

Edited by Interceptor121, 29 July 2014 - 12:53 AM.

Check my video, pictures and blog

YouTube Channel

Flickr Sets

Blog

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Inon, Wet Lens, preparation