• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ah Siang

Ah Siang

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 May 2002 - 06:00 AM

I'm using Sony DSC P1. The camera really lack of supports. Have a look at the follwing site:

http://sg.photos.yahoo.com/ahsiang7445

#2 bobjarman

bobjarman

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 02 May 2002 - 06:46 AM

Hi,

What is your complete set up? Which housing, strobes, etc.

You have some nice images, but it looks to me like your lighting is off a bit. your close ups need a bit less flash, and your normal/distance need a tad more.

I think we need more information on your set up before we can comment more than that?

Bob

#3 Ah Siang

Ah Siang

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 May 2002 - 09:23 PM

Hi! I'm using Sony DSC P1 with Marine Pack housing from Sony. I'm not using any strobes or add on lens because the housing doesn't allow me to add on. It's kind of diffcult to find any strobes or lens in Singapore's market for Sony DSC P1.

Normally, for day shots, I will set the exposure to suit the environment that I'm in. As for night shots, I'm using a U/W touch plus helps of other divers' U/W touches too.

Do you have any ideas where I can get add on marco lens or strobes for Sony DSC P1. It's kind restricted for Sony Digi camera when used in U/W.

Thanks.

Regards.

Ah Siang - Singapore

[Edited on 5-3-2002 by Ah Siang]

#4 bobjarman

bobjarman

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 03 May 2002 - 10:41 AM

Sorry Ah, I am not familiar enough with that camera to help. Looking at the picture of the housing, I would think you could use an Ikelite DS strobe if you can figure out a way to mount your housing to some kind of tray. You would need something stable to hold a strobe arm and sensor. Than you could block the internal flash and let the external slave sensor feed off that.

You really should try to find a way to use an external strobe if at all possible, your colors will be loads better than using a torch.

Bob

#5 Ah Siang

Ah Siang

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 May 2002 - 08:41 PM

Thanks, Bob. I just found out that Sea & Sea does have the Bayonet adapter for DSC P1 housing, but the adapter has been discontinue. I don't think there is any way I can add on any lens for my camera.

As for the strobe, Sea & Sea does have slave TTL controlled strobe(90 & 25) for DSC P1. Ikelite, mmm... will look into it. Got to save some cash for the the strobe.

Thanks for the advices. Really appreciated.

#6 mark jones

mark jones

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 May 2002 - 09:53 AM

Ah Siang
i can't seem to access your pictures .
is this just me ??
"error on web site"

#7 snoack

snoack

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 05 May 2002 - 06:17 AM

:) Visiting your page i got the following message:
"The File You Are Looking For Is Inaccessible."

Sabine

BTW: Have a look at this Sea & Sea equipment overview (found at Multimedia Online), there are trays, arms, strobes and lenses for your housing.

#8 Ah Siang

Ah Siang

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 May 2002 - 01:31 AM

Yo, Mark & Snoack! Thanks for informing me about the site. Yahoo Photos has changed my albums setting to PRIVATE. Feel free to visit my site again.

http://sg.photos.yahoo.com/ahsiang7445

Cheers.

[Edited on 5-6-2002 by Ah Siang]

#9 garciaign

garciaign

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 12:53 PM

Just take a look to the lighting section, or look to Inuzuka's web site.
I have a Epoque and it works.