#1 hafidznasution

hafidznasution

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving, Underwater videos

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:51 AM

Hi all, 

Just joined wetpixel forum. Been interested in underwater videos since last year. 

This is the latest video taken from my latest trip to Padang Bai & Tulamben, Bali - Indonesia. 

Taken with Sony RX100 MkII in Nauticam NA-RX100II housing, subsee +10 diopter, FIT UWL07, UR/PRO CY filter and a couple of video lights.  :)  :)  :)

Posted the video in youtube: 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Z2MEn2KC8Uk

Comments and critics are very welcome. 

Thanks, 

Hafidz 

#2 Incident

Incident

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:36 AM

Very nice. Well done.

Thanks for sharing.

#3 peterbkk

peterbkk

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving, Photographry Underwater Video.

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:31 PM

Hi Hafidz,

A couple of things to think about:

1. Maybe a bit tighter editing. There's a couple of shots that probably should have been cut - subject partly out of the frame, too much jiggling. It's tough editing your own footage. Try being a bit more brutal on yourself.

2. Youtube compression spoils some sections. Always bad at areas with a lot of blue water. Look at a better video service like Vimeo.

3. It's a personal choice but I found some of your colour correction a bit too much. The reds and browns look at bit overdone. But some people like that look. I don't like it because that's not what the human eye sees underwater.

4. Little bit frustrating when someone is saying something to the camera in the first section but you can't hear them. Sort of looks like an old silent movie. If the sound didn't capture well, throw on a subtitle. What did he say?

5. Next time, rather than just stringing together a bunch of good clips, have a think about the story that you want to tell. Then edit to that story.

Regards
Peter

#4 hafidznasution

hafidznasution

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving, Underwater videos

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:10 PM

Hi Hafidz,

A couple of things to think about:

1. Maybe a bit tighter editing. There's a couple of shots that probably should have been cut - subject partly out of the frame, too much jiggling. It's tough editing your own footage. Try being a bit more brutal on yourself.

2. Youtube compression spoils some sections. Always bad at areas with a lot of blue water. Look at a better video service like Vimeo.

3. It's a personal choice but I found some of your colour correction a bit too much. The reds and browns look at bit overdone. But some people like that look. I don't like it because that's not what the human eye sees underwater.

4. Little bit frustrating when someone is saying something to the camera in the first section but you can't hear them. Sort of looks like an old silent movie. If the sound didn't capture well, throw on a subtitle. What did he say?

5. Next time, rather than just stringing together a bunch of good clips, have a think about the story that you want to tell. Then edit to that story.

Regards
Peter

Many thanks Peter for the insights Peter  ^_^ gonna hang on to your thoughts for the next video  ^_^

I started doing this underwater video stuff with almost to zero knowledge about it, including editing them. 

I agree about the color correction, tried to remember what colors I actually saw when diving, it's quite frustrating after a while you try do color correction, but I will be sure to develop my skill on post production. 

I also agree about the story line, at first I wanted to put the sound on when the person is talking. I am still learning about sound editing in a bit more complicated level, so I chose not to put the sound on and put a song instead. Kinda bit afraid to spoil the fun while watching the video.  :blush:  :blush:

Again, many thanks for the insights Peter

Cheers and regards, 

Hafidz 

#5 OmahGili

OmahGili

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Videographi

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

helo mas hafidz

just reading your article in other forum makes me interest to join one of the biggest foto video community in the world

the video you make is realy good and no more shaky i think

but i have some issue that the music is too slow so can be bored if we dont have big interest in diving 

the new rx100 you have is make realy good video compare to the canon before. maybe if we have time to dive together i want to see how it is and maybe we can work together to make good clip

cheers

dita

don't dream your live, but live your dream....... 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Indonesia, Bali, Underwater Video, Video, Padang Bai, Tulamben