• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fairweath89

fairweath89

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:52 AM

I am after buying a second hand strobe light. My camera is a compact Fuji Finepix F100 and the casing has no electronic ports, therefore the strobe must be triggered by the flash (i.e. fibre optic). I am a beginner photographer but would like something that will last me a while as my skills develop, but I do not have the budget for top end professional kit, so something middle of the road will do nicely.

Preferably I would like manual control of the flash power.

Some examples may include Inon S2000 or Sea&Sea YS01 / 02 

I am no good at fixing things so a strobe in full working order please. 

Either with or without mounting system and cable, as I can pick these up separately if needs be. 

I am based in the UK, so preferably sellers who can send the strobe without me suffering death by import tax.

Many thanks,

Robert

#2 timthefish

timthefish

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:15 AM

Ys02 on ebay for 148 brand new, it's from outside the UK but you might get away with the import duty. The ys01 is 223 from the same place. Type in underwater strobe in the search. 01 has a spotting light (no use) and has ttl. I have a YS 110a and I never use the ttl as manual is just as easy. If I had my time again I'd get a 02

#3 steve c r

steve c r

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:13 AM

hi mate i have a inon d2000 type 4 in great order would like 275pounds for it comes with box and manual and defuser

#4 threebs

threebs

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:23 AM

Hello. I have a barely used sea&sea YS-01 with ball that I would sell for 320 euros including shipping. Please, write to me if interested. 

#5 jonb

jonb

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

I have an oldish Epoque DS150 that I'd be willing to sell - it is very compact, uses 2 x AAs, comes with manual power adjustments, and I'll include a tray, arm, and fibre optic cable to attach to camera housing. Everything you need to get going! I live in London, UK, if you are interested. 

Admittedly it wont light up a wide angle reef scene, but great for starting out with an external strobe on macro and subjects requiring a bit of fill flash. 

I'll have a think about price but how does £100 inc p&p sound? If you'd like to have a look you are more than welcome to come and have a look, and fire it off of your setup to check it all works etc.

If seriously keen get in touch and I'll dig it out and get some pics up, or drop me a message. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: selling, inon, ikelight, sea&sea, strobe