• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TotDoc

TotDoc

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:49 AM

I have the Backscatter electronic airlock for my EM5 in the Nauticam housing. I was trying to figure where I should mount the electronics inside, but it seems like everywhere I looked to mount it would cause some problems changing the battery or with clearance. Where is the best spot to mount the electronics board?

Thanks!

#2 TotDoc

TotDoc

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

I'm feeling a little bummed about this one...I spoke with the service manager at Backscatter, and they said they have never installed the electronic airlock in the NA-EM5, so they are not sure the best place for it to be mounted. Worse yet, they don't have one of these housings in stock so they can check it out themselves. If someone has one of these, PLEASE take a pic and let me know where you managed to mount the electronics. Hopefully someone out there has done it!

Thanks!

#3 eyu

eyu

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:07 AM

I had Reef Photo install the Nauticam vacuum system in my Subal D800 housing, it turned out real slick.  They have a pro, Phil Rudin, who shoots Olympus and Nauticam, he would know.  I would think the Nauticam would be a better choice then the Backscatter for a Nauticam housing??

Nikon D800E, D800, Subal ND800, Inon Z240, ULCS with StiX floats

#4 Phil Rudin

Phil Rudin

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1056 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:18 AM

Reef has been doing retro fits of the Nauticam vacuum system in the E-M5 housings and it is a tight fit but works quite well. I have not seen the Backscatter vacuum system so would not want to comment on how well suited it may be for the EM5 housing. You can find my review of the Nauticam vacuum system in a back issue of uwpmag.com

Edited by Phil Rudin, 14 August 2014 - 06:19 AM.

#5 TotDoc

TotDoc

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:14 PM

Thanks you guys. I ended up using the housing today with the airlock, and I wedged the electronics in between the camera and the lower left corner of the case. I wasn't able to attach it to the wall, but it was held in nice and snug by the camera, and it seemed to work well. It is a tight fit everywhere in there!