I've been watching some old widescreen films, and it kinda inspired me to experiment with anamorphic lenses. I've been trying to think through some of the issues and so far I see:
- Finding an anamorphic lens to fit a DSLR. This one has been recommended to me.
- Fitting the lens in a port compatible with the housing.
- Manual focus and the minimal focusing distance.
- Lighting. How much of the frame can be filled with strobe light given the distance?
- Post-processing actually seems kinda straightforward for stills.
Anybody have any experience at all with any of this?