• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Patterns

Patterns

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 12:54 AM

Can anybody suggest a decent travel agent in Jakarta (with their eMail or fax details)? They don't need to be knowledgable, just reliable would be fine.

I discovered that it's possible to do HK - Manado and Manado - HK without any overnight stops on the way, by flying CX to Jakarta and GA to Manado.

So I set up all the bookings, then started paying for pieces of the trip ... and then found that my Jakarta-based agent for the GA bit seems to have gone out of business or maybe doesn't like me any more ... anyway, I need a new agent PDQ.

If I buy the flights in the usual way through a HK-based agent it's about 5x the price (really!), so that would be a last resort.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
-David

#2 yahsemtough

yahsemtough

Great Canadian Mokarran

• Senior Moderator
  • 3495 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 10:00 AM

Hey David,

Heading back...good for you.

Can't help on the agent front but wish I was going back soon myself.
Todd Mintz
tmintz.com
all photographs posted Todd C Mintz

#3 Patterns

Patterns

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 12:28 AM

Definitely looking forward to it! Any plans yourself to revisit this part of the world?

Taking Lilac this time - we have been to Lembeh together once before, and we are both keen to get back. This will be my 4th time diving Lembeh, and her second time. This time we're going to spend 1 week actually at Lembeh Resort, and then 1 week diving Bunaken (where I have only had a couple of dives previously). While I don't expect Bunaken to be as interesting to me as Lembeh, it should still be good.

One big advantage of taking Lilac instead of being randomly paired with a roommate is that I'm unlikely to come back from a dive and find that the plumbing in the bathroom has been randomly rearranged while I was underwater. :lol: (BTW I see that in the few months since I last was here, that tale has gained some embellishments. :wink: )

Another big advantage is that I probably won't see any sights I don't want to see in the middle of the night. :shock:

-David