#1 dhaas

dhaas

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1003 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 07:01 PM

Divers,

Details below for a Galapagos adventure with great photo opportunites above and below. Currently only 4-ish spots left. Email or call with any questions.

Hope you can go!

David Haas

Galapagos Trip October 11-18, 2004

Trip Dates: October 11-18, 2004

The new yacht just put in service summer of 2003 is the 105' Deep Blue. Only 16 passengers in double cabins all with lower beds, private bathrooms, full air conditioning, large salon and dive deck plus more. The trip will cruisein both the southern Galapagos where you'll dive and get to do several land tours PLUS motor over 120 miles north to Darwin and Wolf Islands for 3 days in the middle of the week. Then return for more southern island diving and and tours before departing back to mainland Ecuador and home.

In the southern islands the land teems with dozens of nesting bird species.
Marine and land iguanas, giant tortoise, sea lions and penguins all show no
fear of humans! Being approximately 600 miles off the coast of Ecuador these animals have evolved without human interference. Naturalist guides point out behavior including mating and territorial rituals. Literally a step back in time........

Darwin and Wolf islands are legendary for Whale Sharks, schooling Hammerhead sharks, Rays and more. No land tours are permitted in this area of the Galapagos Park so we'll do more dives.

The diving is challenging and not bathtub Caribbean temperatures or no
currents. Either a 2 piece 5mm or 7mm suit with hood and gloves will ensure comfort. Divers should have open ocean experience away from shore. But the marine life encounters are what makes this destination rated the BEST in theworld. Not by water temperature, visibility or ease but by shear volume of MARINE LIFE swarming around us......

As usual on all my trips photo and video help is included. I want you to
come home with beautiful memories of our adventures. I can help you whether you have a disposable camera or the latest digital SLR or video system. Or I'll leave you alone if you're a PRO :lol:

Trip cost:

$2,600.00 which INCLUDES:

* 8 Days / 7 nights aboard the Deep Blue including all meals, tanks and
weights for diving, shore excursions with guides.

* 2 nights hotel on the inbound and outbound mainland Ecuador travel days. All transfers and airfare from mainland Ecuador out to and returning from the Galapagos Islands (remember they're 600 miles offshore!)

NOT INCLUDED:

* Airfare to and from Guayaquil, Ecuador from the U.S.

* $100.00 Galapagos National Park Fee - paid in cash upon arrival into
Galapagos.

* $35.00 per diver support and maintenance fee for the recompression chamber
(nice to have when you're 600 miles from the mainland!)

* $25.00 Ecuador departure tax - paid in cash prior to your departure from
Ecuador back to the U.S.

* Excess luggage fees if applicable.

* Food on mainland Ecuador before and after the Deep Blue trip.

* Crew and Guide's tips.

* Drinks and other personal expenses.

I'm confident the itinerary and opportunities this adventure offers will
create a lifetime of memories.

At this date payment of $2,000.00 secures your spot. All checks should be payable to:

HAAS PHOTOGRAPHY INC.

I also have trip insurance recommendations which will sent upon sign up
(recommended, but still your choice.)

I trust all those who've previously traveled with Haas Photography Inc. will
consider this adventure and bring new friends who wish to come see the world with us.

Best regards,

David Haas
Haas Photography Inc.
4596 Greenlawn Drive
Stow OH 44224
330-678-0591 Phone/Fax
330-329-5981 cell
davidhaas@sbcglobal.net

sample photos at:

http://www.pbase.com/dhaas