Member Photos

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 Jamdiver

Jamdiver

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Diving, photography and anything involving water.

Posted 24 November 2005 - 07:48 AM

Hehe, hey Mike!
It seems that my dive buddies always end up being female... hmm what's up with that?
Not that I'm complaining, :( .

Next step is to convince them to be underwater models for me.. B)
Canon A610, Canon WP-DC90 housing +1 newbie
Topside - Canon EOS 400D +goodies

My Flickr Page

#82 UWPhotoTech

UWPhotoTech

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 09:27 AM

Here's a recent shot of me, wearing my new hat :(

Dave_Helmet_2.jpg
Underwater Photo-Tech, Derry, NH
Phone: 603-432-1997, Web: www.uwphoto.com

#83 diveh2o

diveh2o

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:kayaking, surfing, rock climbing, sailing....

Posted 29 November 2005 - 04:07 PM

one picture on my profile <--

this past summer at my internship at a fish hatchery in miami...ACULT.jpg

this past summer at Cocos Island shooting a bait ball... we came up from a dive and saw all these birds, I still had somewhere over 1500 psi but they wouldnt let me get in.. go figure. i ended up taking the dome port off and shooting with my housing and strobes off the back of the boat. fun stuffbait_ball.jpg

still at Cocos...cocos.jpg
Roger Kirkpatrick
www.newhousegalleries.com/roger

Nikon D200 and D100 in Aquatica housings. nikkor 10.5, 20, 12-24. Ikelite DS 125s (2) and Ultralight arms.

#84 motionsync

motionsync

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Interests:UW photography with available light<br />Freediving

Posted 09 December 2005 - 01:40 PM

An two of me from my last trip in Dahab.
No underwater Photo.
No one have take a photo off me while underwater :-(

First is one in the desert with a friend

Posted Image

the second with 2 Russian freedivers.

Posted Image

Is great to be a freediver ;-)
Lambis Stratoudakis - http://www.lambisstratoudakis.com

#85 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 02:29 PM

Show off!
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#86 motionsync

motionsync

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Interests:UW photography with available light<br />Freediving

Posted 09 December 2005 - 02:30 PM

Show off James ??
what are you saying, I dont get it.. (My english is not good) :-(
If you mean the girls.. of cource I put a photo with girls.. I dont think that you whant to see a photo with my grandmother....

Lambis
Lambis Stratoudakis - http://www.lambisstratoudakis.com

#87 kcf955

kcf955

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:Underwater Photography, but since I can't dive everyday I do other types of photography including weddings. Shy fish, shy bride, fleeting moments, telling a story...same thing.

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:32 PM

kcf955 aka Keith Flood

Here I am taking photos of someone taking photos of me because there were no Great whites to shoot :lol: ...

Posted Image

Back aboard the Searcher, October 2005, as you can see I love having my photo taken :lol: ...

Posted Image

#88 Buga

Buga

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:I'm student of biology, will have my degree in two weeks (I hope). Have special interest in marine biology, so that I did my thesis about the segrass Posidonia oceanica in Nature park Telascica in the Adriatic. <br />I've been dealing with photograpy since I remembre, but only year ago started with UW photograpy. My dream as a child has always been to work for BBC as an underwater camerman. :D<br />But I would be very happy just to work in Natural history museum, working on marine biology and with kids.

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:54 AM

ok, then, this is me. dive location - island Lastovo in the south Adriatic, first days of june, so a bit cold... pictures UW were taken without a strobe (since I didn't have one at the time).

on the first picture is just me :)
P6080150.jpg

second - me (far right) and my friends doing the inventarisation of flora and fauna together with me
P6080151.jpg

third - dry land, after the night dive with my diving buddy Marina (she's on the right)
P6090052.jpg

so far, i've been diving only in the adriatic sea so i envy you diving withous suits. oh how i envy you :)
you should see me after getting into 7mm suit... on dry land, preparing for night dive
P6080017.jpg :D

Buga

#89 LJax23

LJax23

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:17 AM

James:

I have rejoined the discussion here. Part of what prompted me to do so was Drew Wong's posting about our friend Larry Smith. I dived with Larry Smith several times, first at KBR in 1997. What a guy! I had never met anyone as excited about the next dive as he was and (so far) never have. He was truly one of a kind.

I would like to correct something that Drew Wong posted. Larry's Crack, or Retak Larry was not named after Larry Smith. Larry Smith has a large legacy, while I have very little except that Larry's Crack was named for me. I hope that nothing in this comment/correction takes away from our mutual mourning the passing of Larry Smith.

I have attempted to add a couple of photos. If I wasn't successful please let me know.

2007_03_23_0008_Larry_visa_photo.jpg L_Jax___Rhinopias_1_worked.jpg

Larry Jackson (LJax)

#90 Koju

Koju

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:15 AM

I'm Ron and I work at Sports Basement where some of Eric Cheng and Elijah Woolery's pictures are being displayed.

In April 2006 I went on a night dive in Kona, Hawaii. We were hoping to spot some manta rays but the dive master said that the past couple of nights they hadn't been showing up. We were just about to give up when seven absolutely beautiful mantas showed up to munch on the plankton that were attracted to the boat's lights. We grabbed our gear and hopped in as the mantas swam all around and between us. The videographer, Martina from Dolphin Dreams Images, went around filming everyone. As soon as her two spotlights hit her target, the mantas would immediately surround the person. When she got to me, one came in right between us. As it glided past, the tip of its wing popped my mask up to my forehead and as Martina put it later, "...and all of a sudden I see face."

She was kind enough to send me some screen captures and Michaela asked me to post them. Sorry about the grainy quality.

Attached Images

• Mask_off_after_1.jpg
  • Mask_off_inbetween_1.jpg