No replies to this topic

#1 Helge Suess

Helge Suess

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 09:24 AM

Hi!

I spent 2 weeks diving Lembeh Strait with Divers Lodge Lembeh (http://www.diving-on...start/index.php.

The resort is at the very south tip of Lembeh Island. Four bungalows overlooking a lagoon or Lembeh Strait. The accomodation is basic but sufficient. Large rooms with natural ventilation (no aircon) and an open bathroom with ambient temperature water. The view is great and you'll hear the tarsier monkeys in the morning. You might even see them when you set out hunting with a torch after sunset.

The staff is very nice and we felt "part of the family" pretty soon.
The kitchen offers extremely good cooking: breakfast, lunch on board and dinner are excellent and more you can eat.

The dive guides are excellent and trained to work with photographers. You name it, they show it. We had sometimes 3 guides for 2 divers. Even in high season there's one guide per 2 guests. The boat is sufficiently powered by 2-3 outboard engines. There's enough space to handle the equipment and also to have a nap between dives.

DLL offers dives in Lembeh Strait and along the south-east coast (outer side) of the island as well.

The resort is the ideal place for those, who want to be off the beaten track but have superb service for a reasonable amount of money.

I'm currently on a business trip so I can't work on my images. I'll put them online as soon as I've found time.

Helge ;-)=)

P.S.: If you're living in Europe and plan to visit DLL within the next few months, please let me know. I've got a few things, I want to send to Rob and it's hard to do it by snail mail (wouldn't arrive most probably).
Olympus E-5 in UK-GERMANY housing and a bag full of glass ...