• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 divegypsy

divegypsy

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:travelilng, diving, photography, animal behavior, American football.

Posted 23 November 2015 - 04:12 PM

Because of a medical problem, an eye infection, I have decided to leave the Kri Eco Resort in Raja Ampat two weeks early.  KriEco has a "no refunds" policy so they will not refund any of the money I paid for these days.  But they have no rule that says I cannot GIVE my remaining two weeks to someone else.  Those days run from 25 November to 8 December with departure on 9 December.  The dates are not changeable.  You will have a single room and the unlimited diving package which includes all diving except the more distant destinations.  

You will have to buy your own air ticket to Sorong from where ever you are.  And may have to pay for your boat transfers to and from Kri Eco. I think their normal transfer days from Sorong are on Wednesday and Sunday mornings. If you can make it to Sorong by tomorrow morning, Wednesday, 25 November, you would have two full weeks at Kri Eco.  If you make it there for the Sunday, 29 December transfer you would have ten days.

The daily rate for my stay was about €250 per day and I would like to see someone get some benefit from this.

I will have to supply Kri Eco with the name and transfer date of whoever takes my place, so please email me to let me know if you are interested and on what schedule you might make it to Sorong.  My email address is fbavendam(at)hotmail(dot)com.

Fred 

Edited by adamhanlon, 24 November 2015 - 01:17 AM.

#2 sasdasdaf

sasdasdaf

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Tech, wreck, cave, reef, photography

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:37 AM

Fred, I am sorry to hear about the eye infection and the fact that you cut your trip short. It is very nice and generous of you to offer your space to someone else for free.

Nikon D7100, Nauticam NA-D7100, Sea & Sea YS-D1 strobes
http://sasdasdaf.blogspot.com/

#3 Scuba_SI

Scuba_SI

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1098 posts
  • Interests:Owner / Photo Dude at NAD-Lembeh.

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:09 AM

Fred,

Your diving Insurance might cover you for the losses as this is a medical reason for forfeiture - it might be worth a phone call before giving away the rest of the trip when it is unlikely you'd get the required documentation from Kri if you do give it away.

It is a great gesture though!

Nauticam Rossa / GH4 / 7Dmk2 / 1Dx

http://vimeo.com/lembehmuckdiver

www.nad-lembeh.com: 2:1 diveguide ratio in an photographer owned / operated resort

#4 divegypsy

divegypsy

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:travelilng, diving, photography, animal behavior, American football.

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:43 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have received many emails so whatever happens, there is no need to email me.  Lots of potential takers already.  But it may be that as the above poster mentioned DAN may not allow me to give away the remaining two weeks of my stay and still file a claim for trip interruption for medical reasons.  I am having a lot of trouble contacting DAN.  Called them from Kri with my mobile phone and they wouldn't call back.  My prepaid minutes ran out while I was on hold.  Now in the Makassar airport and I get the message that the phone number is no longer in service.  Who knows what will happen when I make it to Bali without their pre-approved travel when they make it so hard to get in touch with them.

A DanScam?  NO attempt to do a good deed goes unpunished.

Fred

#5 TimG

TimG

Giant Squid

• 1767 posts
  • Interests:Sunlight reefs, warm seas, fine wine, beautiful women. And Manchester City Football Club

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:03 AM

Hey Fred

I'm so sorry to hear about the problems you have had. I hope the eye infection soon improves. I hope too DAN sort you out. It's not like them, by my experience, not to be contactable. It was really kind of you to offer your stay to someone else: I'm not surprised you got lots of responses!

Best wishes

Tim
(PADI IDC Staff Instructor and former Dive Manager, KBR Lembeh Straits)
Nikon D800, Nikkors 105mm and 16-35mm, Sigma 15mmFE - Subal housing

http://www.timsimages.uk
Latest images: http://www.shutterst...lery_id=1940957