5 replies to this topic

#1 JimG

JimG

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Photography - underwater and avian, natural history

Posted 05 July 2004 - 11:03 AM

I am considering buying this lens to use on my F90x behind an 8" dome. The lens plus a dioptre fits in the housing without using any dome extension ring but it is VERY close to the dome when fully extended. Can anybody tell me whether an extension is necessary. If so, does it matter which one? I already have two different sizes (105 macro & 24/50 zoom) that will move the dome a good bit forward. Next question - how many dioptres do I need?
Any advice/help/experiences gratefully received
Jim

#2 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 11:13 AM

Hi Jim,

Yes, you need a port extension for this lens and the Aquatica 8" dome. The right extension is VERY important when using a wideangle zoom. I believe you should also use a +4 diopter although +2 may do it.

Just FYI, I have this lens for sale in excellent condition. Email me at james_at_wetpixel.com if you decide you want to purchase one.

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#3 JimG

JimG

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Photography - underwater and avian, natural history

Posted 06 July 2004 - 06:13 AM

Anybody any idea which extension? I have e-mailed Aquatica about this and another matter and they are not interested enough to bother replying. What great customer service.
Jim

#4 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 03:34 PM

They have some big holiday weekend in Canada so I doubt they were working. Were you working? :-)

Sadly, I was.

Cheers
James
Dual Ikelite Strobes

#5 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 03:34 PM

Oh, and I fogot to mention that I have the proper extension ring if you want one of those too. I don't know the part number but I can measure it for you if you want.

Cheers
James
Dual Ikelite Strobes

#6 scubamarli

scubamarli

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1177 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 07:08 PM

I understand your frustration with the lack of email response. They don't reply to the info@aquatica.ca address. Phone. It's the only way to get through. Communication is a disappointing issue lately. It has nothing to do with Canadian holidays, alas.
Marli Wakeling
Marli Wakeling

www.marliwakeling.com
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together. ~Carl Zwanzig