8 replies to this topic

#1 mattmarinegreen

mattmarinegreen

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:29 AM

Hi All,

Another cry for help from me; I am not able to dive with TwoFIsh divers as I had planned. I want to do some macro photography around Lembeh Strait. I am looking to do some quite intensive diving around Lembeh strait to concentrate on macro photography so good guides and operators who are used to photographers and maybe even can offer photography advice. Can anyone recommend any operators who are used to this kind of diving and photography?

Many thanks,

Matt

#2 TimG

TimG

Sperm Whale

• 1822 posts
  • Interests:Sunlight reefs, warm seas, fine wine, beautiful women. And Manchester City Football Club

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:05 AM

Hi Matt

Almost everyone in Lembeh offers that.

Try KBR or Lembeh Resort. I'm sure others will chip in win other suggestions. But, essentially, all Lembeh-side resorts offer serious diving and you can, if you want, have a private guide who will do his/her best to find you and critter you want that is local to Lembeh.

Usually dive guide ratios are very good. Often 1 guide to 2 guests. Never more than 4 guests to a guide.

Tim
(PADI IDC Staff Instructor and former Dive Manager, KBR Lembeh Straits)
Nikon D800, Nikkors 105mm and 16-35mm, Sigma 15mmFE - Subal housing

http://www.timsimages.uk
Latest images: http://www.shutterst...lery_id=1940957

#3 parrotman

parrotman

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:19 AM

NAD  Lembeh.  Excellent  dive op and  resort.  They have  a first class camera room.  Very nice boats  and  really good food!

#4 scubamarli

scubamarli

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:25 PM

I have stayed at four Lembeh Strait Resorts. All have been excellent (KBR, Lembeh Resort, Black Sand and NAD). Best bang for the buck is NAD. You might want to look into photo workshops that some resorts offer. There's one at the end of July at NAD but it's fully booked. There's one in December at Lembeh Resort.

Marli Wakeling

www.marliwakeling.com
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together. ~Carl Zwanzig

#5 steve c r

steve c r

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:18 AM

just come back nad great servicegreat set up best i have seen

#6 eyu

eyu

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:02 AM

i've been to KBR twice and would go back anytime.  Hire a private guide and give him a list of critters you want to see, but do your home work.  Notify the resort and ask them for their best guide.

Elmer

Nikon D800E, Subal ND800, Inon Z240, ULCS & Carbon Arms

#7 Dunadin

Dunadin

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:37 PM

We've used Lembeh Resort twice and can highly recommend them. As others have noted, hire a private guide.

Sergio Lucato
Canon 50D, Ikelite Housing, 2xDS-160

#8 sharky1961

sharky1961

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:04 PM

I would suggest to have a look at divers lodge lembeh. They are very professional. You can have your own boot with own guide so you can decide wich places you are diving. Also you can decide how many dives you want to do a day. Last time I stayed there there was a guy diving 5 times a day. Oh they also serve the best Food I had on any resort I visited. Diverslodge Lembeh is not so well known , but they have hosted many professional filmmakers teams.

Nikon D800 in Seacam D800,  Nikon 16mm, 16-35mm, , 60mm, 105mm,1.4 and 2x TC, 2x Sea&Sea 110a, 2x Seacam Seaflash 150

#9 mattmarinegreen

mattmarinegreen

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:30 PM

Thank you all for your suggestions, I really appreciate it. I went with TwoFIsh in the end, they gave me a superior room for the price of a standard after a bit of negotiation. Amazing trip and unbeleiveable diving (especially at night!), photos are on my website (www.green-marine.co.uk) go to news and then Lembeh if you are interested!