• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 divingmedic

divingmedic

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 12:38 PM

Can anyone help with sharpening the drum fish. My camera focused onto the grunt. Curse-you Auto-Focus!!!

#2 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6191 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 12 July 2004 - 03:26 PM

If you are wondering if you can change the focus in post production i am afraid not, not even the wonderous Photoshop can fix an out of focus photo.
In a photo like this with your main subject so small it is best to try to zoom further in and use spot focus. If you are using one of the other focus options then your camera will have a hard time focusing on such a tiny subject. Mind you if you are using a consumer camera then this is a rather moot point.

In the future try to keep your shutter button pressed half way down to lock your focus on one part of the frame while recomposing your shot. Even better would be a special macro lens for whatever camera you own, not only will you have a better chance of focusing but this will enable you to fill the frame more with your subject and achieve better composition.

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com