• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 heikokresslein

heikokresslein

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 June 2002 - 12:15 AM

Im using a Olympus C-4040 Camera in the PT-010 Housing. I bought the Sea&Sea Macrolensadapter and the Lens 1:2 The results are very bad, as shown on the picture. Is anybody using the 1:3 Lens with better results oder does anybody know what i did wrong maby?

Thanks, Heiko

[Edited on 6-6-2002 by heikokresslein]

#2 laz217

laz217

Salty Pirate

• PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 11 June 2002 - 09:57 PM

Heiko,

I too have used the 3T lens numerous times with similar results. Sometimes they're a little better than others, but no matter what I try, the edges always blur horribly. I have yet to inquire with Sea & Sea about this but they'll be hearing from me soon. I find it absurd that they would sell something without testing it to make sure it ACTUALLY works.

What I do with shots taken with the 3T lens-? CROP'EM. There's usually enough good, focused pixels in the middle of the shot to make for a decent small printout or a web image.

Other than that, I'm sure this lens will make an excellent fire starter. :D
Lazaro Ruda
Soap box: TheLivingSea.com

#3 heikokresslein

heikokresslein

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 June 2002 - 06:23 AM

You are right with cropping, but if you have just a little current, you wont be able to fix the object right in the middle.

Let me hear about Sea&Seas answer, or send me there EMail Adress and I will sent them another EMail by myself.

Heiko

[Edited on 12-6-2002 by heikokresslein]

#4 Jim Clark

Jim Clark

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 04:58 AM

Yes, I've got the same housing PT-10 and I've taken a few shots with the Sea & Sea Lens and adapter ring in UK waters, this is what I got, there's a ring (~20%) round the outside of the picture which is a pain, the lens is going back and I'm picking up the new Olympus PCU-01 MACRO lens at the w/e, this is a whole lot better!

#5 Jim Clark

Jim Clark

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Yes, I've got the same housing PT-10 and I've taken a few shots with the Sea & Sea Lens and adapter ring in UK waters, this is what I got, there's a ring (~20%) round the outside of the picture which is a pain, the lens is going back and I'm picking up the new Olympus PCU-01 MACRO lens at the w/e, this is a whole lot better!

#6 Jim Clark

Jim Clark

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 17 posts

#7 Jim Clark

Jim Clark

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 17 posts

ok so here's the pic!

#8 laz217

laz217

Salty Pirate

• PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 05:09 AM

The reason you're getting that 'ring around your shots' (vignetting) is because you need to zoom all the way in.

I doubt very much the Inon lens will be better than the Sea & Sea for macro photos.

On a similar note, the new C4000's super macro capability (0.8" distance) can not be simultaneously used with the Sea & Sea lenses as the camera's lens is locked at its widest angle and the zoom control is disabled.
Lazaro Ruda
Soap box: TheLivingSea.com

#9 Jim Clark

Jim Clark

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 05:32 AM

Sorry, I think you misunderstood, when I meant a ring I didn;t mean a black ring I meant an blurred ring, of course the camera is fully zoomed in... I understand from most places I have talked to that this is a known probem :D