• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sheuer1@houston.rr.com

sheuer1@houston.rr.com

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2002 - 08:38 AM

I currently own a 4040Z and PT-010. I am considering purchasing a DS-125 with TTL sensor for use with the 4040Z ANd Pt-010. Any comments?

My main inquiry is, anyone try a DS-125 with a SB-105 TTL'ed to a Nikonos V with an Ikelete dual sync cable?

#2 MikeO

MikeO

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1023 posts

Posted 15 August 2002 - 08:45 AM

I haven't tried that combination, but this link should take you to the appropriate page ojn Ike's site:

http://www.ikelite.c...cord_nikon.html

Mike Oelrich
Canon EOS 40D in Seatool housing, 100mm macro, Tokina 10-17, INON Z-240s.

#3 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9968 posts

Posted 15 August 2002 - 10:31 AM

Hi Sheuer,

I'm a little confused about your question. The DS-125 with Slave sensor will fire the DS-125 in "ttl" by mimicing the camera's flash.

But how will you use a dual sync cable? How are you going to connect a sync cable to the PT010? This housing does not support use of a sync cable...:-(

The question of "mixing strobes" with the Ike DS-125 has also been discussed in this forum before, so do a search.

I noticed you live in Houston too. I'm in the Heights. If you'd like to talk sometime, drop me an email. You can click on my profile button below this post or the email button to get in touch with me.

Cheers
James Wiseman
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#4 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9968 posts

Posted 15 August 2002 - 10:34 AM

Ah-ha!

I think I understand your question! You want to use both strobes on your NikonosV!!!

In addition to using a "mixed" sync cord like Mike pointed out in his post, you can:

Use the SB105 connected to the NikV with your usual single sync cord. Then use the TTL slave sensor to fire the DS-125 as a TTL slave.

or

Use a combination sync cord.

Of course, the DS125 will be more powerful than the SB105, so you'd have to take that into account. It also recycles faster, so you'd be waiting on the SB-105 sometimes when the DS125 is already ready.

HTH
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org