• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 herbko

herbko

Herbzilla

• Super Mod
  • 2128 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 11:19 PM

Ok. It's done. The dive photos are on the web at http://fototime.com/...AF4ADA64C76C962 I'll start work on the land photos in a few days. The Galapagos are simply the most incredible place I've ever been. I'll write up a trip report after sorting out all the photos.

Herb

Herb Ko http://herbko.net
Canon 5D; Aquatica housing; 2 Inon Z220 strobes; Canon 100mm macro, 17-40mm ; Sigma 15mm FE, 24mm macro, 50mm macro

#2 snoack

snoack

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 August 2002 - 12:56 AM

Amazing pictures !
Was there anything you did NOT see ?

Sabine

#3 Arnon_Ayal

Arnon_Ayal

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1826 posts

Posted 15 August 2002 - 01:28 AM

You have really good shots!
My favorite is the seal - great one.
Arnon Ayal www.arnonayal.com
Nikon D200, Ikelite housing, Dual SB105.

#4 herbko

herbko

Herbzilla

• Super Mod
  • 2128 posts

Posted 15 August 2002 - 09:15 AM

It's an amazing place! Almost half the shots are from one dive site, Darwin Arch, where we spent four days. In addition to the photos I managed to get, we also saw a few small schools of eagle rays and golden rays, and on snorkel trips where I didn't bring a camera, we saw lots of dolphins, a couple of penguins, and an marine iguana feeding in the water. We also saw juvenile versions of all the sharks and rays except the whale shark on one ponga ride through a mangrove swamp. Do you know that baby hammerheads have a redish pink color.

The answer to your question Sabine is that we didn't see any manta rays. Steve, our trip orgainzer said that we would see them. Think I should ask for a refund? :D

Thanks Alto. That's a Califorina Sealion!. They're a blast; they behave like teenagers right after the parents left the house. It's funny that I travelled so far to photograph them when lots of them live off the coast about an hour's drive from my house.

Herb
Herb Ko http://herbko.net
Canon 5D; Aquatica housing; 2 Inon Z220 strobes; Canon 100mm macro, 17-40mm ; Sigma 15mm FE, 24mm macro, 50mm macro

#5 laz217

laz217

Salty Pirate

• PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 18 August 2002 - 06:22 PM

Okay.. first the Solomon Islands.. now Galapagos. Sheesh! Herb, because of you my next years vacation was planned for the Solomon Islands now I gotta save some more money for Galapagos too. Please, if you're gonna do any more diving, make sure it's in the Florida Keys. :D

All joking aside. Your photographs are fantastic (as always) and this trip sounds great. Between diving with whale sharks, hammerheads (juveniles too), dolphins, pengiuns and more how do you plan to top this trip? A trip to the abyss?

Congrats on the shot of the sea lion. You make it look like digital cameras don't have a shutter lag. The colors on the sea horse are stunning. The whale shark... speechless.
Lazaro Ruda
Soap box: TheLivingSea.com