Photo
- - - - -

Canon 20D and 10-22mm in S&S DX30/60 housing. It works!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Darek Sepiolo

Darek Sepiolo

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 03:41 PM

Just got it back fixed and working. All you need is to adjust the holder (to move the camera backwards and upwards). I always shoot with manual settings so all I need works perfectly. I signed in red the controls you have the access to.

Manual control works perfect but you can use the mode wheel so there�s no problem with switching to any other mode. All the other buttons are out of reach and need more work to be adjusted but anyway shooting almost 2 yrs with D60 I�ve never used them.

The 10-22mm lens needs 40mm extension ring and will need some time to make the zoom gear working. The zoom ring is a bit far form the knob on the housing but I got the idea how to solve it and will post my zoom gear soon I hope :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Canon 1Ds, SEACAM housing, Sea&Sea MM III
http://www.dareksepiolo.com

#2 tshepherd

tshepherd

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 05:54 AM

Wow, this is an interesting development...

What exactly did you do to the base plate to move the camera up and back?

#3 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8373 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 06:25 AM

Good work. I'm looking forward to seeing some results too. Especially high ISO availble light shots. Alex

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (waiting for housing).

#4 richgarrett

richgarrett

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 01:11 PM

I am very interested in details on how you did this. Have the housing and would love to shoot a 20D.

Thanks
rich garrett

#5 Darek Sepiolo

Darek Sepiolo

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 02:18 PM

The key issue is to redesign the base plate. I replaced the whole central part with new steel one moving the thread (making new in the steel part) back c 6mm. Then you need to put c 1mm plate on top of the old one (with a hole for the screw) to move the camera up. Having done that you�ll get the access to all controls I noted in red above. I made a new front holder as well but you may skip it (the old one doesn�t fit with 20D so you have to remove it).

Posted Image

I should have the zooming gear by the end of this week so I�ll post some pictures.
I�m leaving on Saturday to Sudan so there�ll be some samples with 20D and 10-22 form UW.

#6 Darek Sepiolo

Darek Sepiolo

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 02:23 PM

Here it goes the zoom gear. Seflmade so doesn't look great but works :) I took the oryginal S&S 17-40mm zoom gear and redesigned it to fit the 10-22mm lens.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 divedoc

divedoc

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Macro photography, frogfish, pipefish, commensal shrimp, nudibranchs

Posted 25 May 2005 - 01:19 PM

I have just bought a new 20 D to replace my almost antique D60 and its Sea and Sea housing. This post has made my day and may have saved me some big bucks on a new :o 20D housing.
Thanks!!

#8 Rattus

Rattus

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:15 AM

Hi all,

I'm doing a similar adaptation of the DX30/60 to 20D, with the added fun of integrating Matthias Heinrichs ETTL adapter. Yes he's extended it to work with the 20D, which I've been waiting a while for B)

I'll let you know how it goes

Martyn
Canon 5D
S&S DX-5D housing, TTL, YS-110s, ULCS, etc.

#9 DirkG

DirkG

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:09 PM

Hi all

Any chance of having the pictures re-linked

Regards

Dirk