Andi Voeltz

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Interests:Underwater Photography, Rollerblading, Swimming, Travel

Posted 10 May 2002 - 11:06 AM

Hi everyone,

maybe it is about time to inform everyone were I like to go diving regulary (if I find the time and money). Jaque Cousteau, once said about Shark/Yolanda Reef in Ras Mohammed: "If had I had to choose one dive for the rest of my life it would be here".

The diving center I work with is:
http://www.cfundivers.com

To get a nice impression of the area, you can download the desktop backrounds or the screensaver by selecting "specials" on the main page. Hope to meet some of you there in the future!

have save dives .oOo. andi
find a housing for your digicam! oOo. http://www.digideep.com .oOo.
market overview of the essential equipment for digital uw photography

#2 markprior

markprior

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 May 2002 - 01:43 PM

Hi Andi,

I go to the red sea about once a year. Last year it was the Brothers but this year I am returning to Sharm (where I haven't been for about three years now).

I am going the first week of July so if you are there maybe we can meet up for a beer in Pirates bar or somewhere.

Here's hoping the hammerheads are back at Tiran this year.

Mark
Sea & Sea D200 Housing - 60mm,105mm, 10.5mm, 12-24mm (All Nikon) Sigma 17-70mm and Tokina 10-17mm lenses and a bunch of Ports.
Lighting: 2 x Ikelite DS-125, 2 x Manual controller

My Pictures

#3 Andi Voeltz

Andi Voeltz

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Interests:Underwater Photography, Rollerblading, Swimming, Travel

Posted 10 May 2002 - 01:53 PM

Hello Marc,

very nice idea but I am afraid that I won't make it down to Egypt for a second time this year due to some heavy exams at my university. I hope to make it again to Sharm El Sheikh in March 2003.

.oOo. Andi
find a housing for your digicam! oOo. http://www.digideep.com .oOo.
market overview of the essential equipment for digital uw photography

#4 chironex

chironex

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 May 2002 - 07:09 AM

...you may ask when you are doing your safety stop after a dive in the sinai area.

As far as the sinai is concerned, i'm wearing two hats: on the one hand an absolutely outstanding diving area, on the other hand too many people - 5 boats at one spot is not rare.
And the big fish tend to move southwards.

chironex

#5 snoack

snoack

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 12 May 2002 - 11:50 PM

And the big fish tend to move southwards.

But they use to return to the Ras during July and August :)

Sabine

#6 davemak

davemak

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 September 2002 - 09:39 AM

I just got back from my 1st trip to Sharm last Monday. Agreed there are lots of boats! Far better diving than Hurghada. Fantastic marine life - pictures were very good IMHO. Dived with Camel dive club (www.cameldive.com) - very very impressed with the hotel and dive operation. Personally I didn't see any large pelagics but the other boats from the centre reported tiger, whitetip and hammerhead sharks between Ras, Tiran and even Ras Ghamila!
Will be back again as soon as I can wangle time off work. Not the same as Bikini but a damn sight cheaper!