Photo
- - - - -

Palau Digital Shootout - watch this space.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts
  • Interests:Filming and documentary production. Beach and surf photography. Family time, isolated beaches and walking the dog.

Posted 27 December 2004 - 01:02 AM

**TO ALL DIGITAL PHOTO & VIDEO SHOOTERS**

Plans are underway to get a digital shootout arranged in Palau sometime within the first half of 2006. I'm going to be looking at setting this up with the help of friends out here who own the pioneering dive center in Palau, Fish 'n Fins.

The contest will be open to all divers shooting in digital formats of both photo and video. We are currently in the process of contacting sponsors etc for prizes etc. There does exist an International Photo Festival here in Palau but it has become a pretty diplomatic affair. We're all divers looking to enjoy the Ocean and hopefully record images for our, or others, enjoyment. We're aiming a fun event where divers of a like mind can get together and enjoy the best of Palau, and have a few laughs at the same time!!

There will be a panel of experts and judges, each professionals in their own right, to offer critique and seminars during the event. As yet we're looking at a possible 5 day event with differing categories such as wide angle, creative, macro, best shark image, best wreck image, best overall portfolio and a best of show. The video side of things will be open for all levels of videographers.

This is a new undertaking and we have a long way to go to get things organised. If I could possibly get some feedback on what people think I'd appreciate that. This will be my first foray into festival organisation!!

Best Fishes,
Mark.