• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sean

sean

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 September 2002 - 11:53 AM

Tried out my UK-Germany housed D60 in a friend's pool yesterday -- 5-year-olds are quite a good test subject as they seem as unpredictable and frenetic as any sea lion!

Anway, I need to get an arm setup for the thing now -- it has two screw holes on the left side but that's it. I have the 550EX housing, which sports a thick screw sticking out the side of it and that's it. Any recommendations as to what sort of arm system to use?

I also have a small sea & sea strobe (YS-30 I believe) that can act in slave mode, but experiments with it so far have been disappointing so I'm not sure I'm going to use it.

Thanks!

#2 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 05 September 2002 - 06:43 PM

Check out Eric's page for a picture of how he set his up using ultralight arms. I think it's in the scuba/travel section:

www.echeng.com
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#3 sean

sean

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 September 2002 - 02:25 PM

Thanks, I did that actually! I contacted ULCS and they've been very helpful. UK-Germany has changed their housing a bit since Eric got his, luckily for me, and it now comes with a handle and a t-mount. ULCS is looking at these now to get the fit right (UK-G uses metric fittings) so I should be set up next week.