• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DivinDiva

DivinDiva

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 04:16 AM

I recently received my Aquatica A995 housing with a SB-105 strobe. I also purchased the TLC arms but I don't like them. It seems I'll need 3 arms to adjust them. I'm thinking of the infinity arms (or modular hose) set up. Has any one had any experience with them. I'm concerned about using them on drift dives and current.
Nikon Coolpix 995, Aquatica A995 housing, Nikonos SB105 strobe/Infinity strobe arm

#2 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9968 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 04:53 AM

I like the Ultralight or TLC arms better. The ultralight clamps/balls are better, IMO because you don't need to clamp them down so tight (because they have rubber rings on the balls). Since you can leave them semi loose, they are easy to reposition.

The locline arms are a pain IMO because they flop around w/ a heavy strobe on the end.

HTH
James Wiseman
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#3 Dee

Dee

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 10:42 PM

I've been using the Infinity arms for a several years, first on my S&S MMII and now on my Fisheye tray. I added some length to the Fisheye arm.

I don't know what is considered 'heavy strobes' but my old S&S YS50 (2) and the current S&S YS90DX do/did not cause any floppiness.

Underwater they are very stable and currents don't effect them. Very easy to reposition and they stay in place until you move them again.

On land is a different story...they will flop. I bend the arm over the top of the housing, like a basket handle, and that solves the land problem. When I was using 2 arms, I criss-crossed them and used it for a carrying handle.

I specifically chose the Fisheye tray for my PT-10 because of the locline arm. They are also very easy to clean and store...just snap them apart. I can also shorten or lengthen them as I choose.